If there was an opportunity to miss an island this is one I would bypass.. On a cruise ship we got off and walked the main street, walked into one store and checked out a caftan.. the owner insisted I should buy a second one, she would give me a great price, didn't want second piece, she was quite put out (the first one was $60.00).. Found a local shop where I fell in love with a funky lucite necklace,..the problem is the owner of the shop was busy on her computer and just didn't want to answer our questions translating Euros to $$..Finally got her attention and bought the funky necklace..sadly when we got it back to the ship it was broken...I was not going back... The final straw was going back to the terminal for the ship...I wanted some sorbet and ordered a dish of three scoops... pulled out our Euros and the man behind said we had more than enough $$ for two..so I walked out of the shop to sit on a bench.. Parrot Pop came over and when I asked him where his dish was he said.. "she took it back"..SHE TOOK IT BACK!! It seems he was short a few Euros and even though he had started to eat his.. she took it back from him..Talk about inhospitable...lol
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 2 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 3 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 4 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Cayman Islands in October
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 10 Kristen- where are you?????
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 13 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 14 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 15 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 16 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 17 Puerto Rico
- 18 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 19 Cuba People to People Tours
- 20 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 Are you the new future traveler?
- 24 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 25 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?