If there was an opportunity to miss an island this is one I would bypass.. On a cruise ship we got off and walked the main street, walked into one store and checked out a caftan.. the owner insisted I should buy a second one, she would give me a great price, didn't want second piece, she was quite put out (the first one was $60.00).. Found a local shop where I fell in love with a funky lucite necklace,..the problem is the owner of the shop was busy on her computer and just didn't want to answer our questions translating Euros to $$..Finally got her attention and bought the funky necklace..sadly when we got it back to the ship it was broken...I was not going back... The final straw was going back to the terminal for the ship...I wanted some sorbet and ordered a dish of three scoops... pulled out our Euros and the man behind said we had more than enough $$ for two..so I walked out of the shop to sit on a bench.. Parrot Pop came over and when I asked him where his dish was he said.. "she took it back"..SHE TOOK IT BACK!! It seems he was short a few Euros and even though he had started to eat his.. she took it back from him..Talk about inhospitable...lol
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens