The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 2 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 3 month stay on a caribbean island
- 4 Ferry to Rum Point
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 8 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 9 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 10 Islands with great nightlife
- 11 Family with infants/toddlers
- 12 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 13 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 14 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 15 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 16 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 17 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 20 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 21 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 22 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 23 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 24 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 25 Studying French in the Caribbean