The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?