The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 5 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 6 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 7 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 8 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 9 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 12 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 13 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 14 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 15 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 16 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 17 Which island?
- 18 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 19 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 20 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 21 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 22 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 23 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 24 Turks and Caicos problems
- 25 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel