The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 Bahamas Resort
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Which country?
- 6 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 7 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay