The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 2 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 3 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 4 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 5 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 6 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 7 Barbados question where to stay
- 8 Barbados Ferry Service
- 9 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 10 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 11 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 12 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 13 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 16 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 17 Driving in Aurba
- 18 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 21 Restaurant in Aruba
- 22 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 23 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 24 Providenciales Airport
- 25 2 weeks in Cuba