The weather was beautiful when we arrived. My only complaint was that it was too calm. Then the sky darkened and the rains came. Fortunately, the rains stopped the next day, but then the waves came. The waves were so bad they closed the ocean for four days. I’d never heard of such a thing. Even the “calm” beaches like St. Jean were rough. What was worse was that much of the sand has been washed away. Beach erosion has already been a problem on St. Barths and this storm was a disaster. People could not even sit on St. Jean beach because there was no place to sit anymore. Flammands was especially hard hit. If the sand does not get replaced for next season, it may be a crippling financial blow.
St. Barths Trip Report - The Weather
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 2 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 3 Cuba Opening Up
- 4 Just back from The Somerset
- 5 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 6 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 7 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 8 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Sandals Resorts
- 11 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 12 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 13 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 14 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 15 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Cuba in 10 days
- 18 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 19 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 20 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 21 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 22 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 23 Villa rental on St. John
- 24 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 25 Just back from St. Maarten