I know there are a million topics about this and I am sorry to post another. Anyway, my husband and I have had a rough year already and we are planning a trip to the Caribbean next year around late April or May. I have been looking at Mexico, Bahamas and Barbados. Mexico is more in my price range, but my husband wants clear, blue, calm water at the beaches we visit, which I am not sure if there are any there. We are wanting to spend under $250 a night on our room, which we are planning on staying 5-7 days. Our total budget would be around $3000-$3500 range. We are not really sure if all inclusive is for us either. We like that airfare is included in the price, but we dont plan on staying in our room a lot so not sure if its worth the extra cost for meals. We would love some seclusion, but not at the expense of being alienated from activities. We want to be able to ride bikes everywhere we go so it is a must that we are close to beaches (obviously), villages/towns, restaurants, etc... Please, let me know if I am being to vague about anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So overwhelmed... Need help on where to go for a first time visit.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 5 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 6 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John