I know there are a million topics about this and I am sorry to post another. Anyway, my husband and I have had a rough year already and we are planning a trip to the Caribbean next year around late April or May. I have been looking at Mexico, Bahamas and Barbados. Mexico is more in my price range, but my husband wants clear, blue, calm water at the beaches we visit, which I am not sure if there are any there. We are wanting to spend under $250 a night on our room, which we are planning on staying 5-7 days. Our total budget would be around $3000-$3500 range. We are not really sure if all inclusive is for us either. We like that airfare is included in the price, but we dont plan on staying in our room a lot so not sure if its worth the extra cost for meals. We would love some seclusion, but not at the expense of being alienated from activities. We want to be able to ride bikes everywhere we go so it is a must that we are close to beaches (obviously), villages/towns, restaurants, etc... Please, let me know if I am being to vague about anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So overwhelmed... Need help on where to go for a first time visit.
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question