I know there are a million topics about this and I am sorry to post another. Anyway, my husband and I have had a rough year already and we are planning a trip to the Caribbean next year around late April or May. I have been looking at Mexico, Bahamas and Barbados. Mexico is more in my price range, but my husband wants clear, blue, calm water at the beaches we visit, which I am not sure if there are any there. We are wanting to spend under $250 a night on our room, which we are planning on staying 5-7 days. Our total budget would be around $3000-$3500 range. We are not really sure if all inclusive is for us either. We like that airfare is included in the price, but we dont plan on staying in our room a lot so not sure if its worth the extra cost for meals. We would love some seclusion, but not at the expense of being alienated from activities. We want to be able to ride bikes everywhere we go so it is a must that we are close to beaches (obviously), villages/towns, restaurants, etc... Please, let me know if I am being to vague about anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So overwhelmed... Need help on where to go for a first time visit.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Pregnant and looking for a good Caribbean holiday
- 2 Which Caribbean island and when to go?
- 3 Overwhelmed
- 4 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 5 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 6 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 7 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 8 Jamaica help!
- 9 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 10 2 weeks in cuba
- 11 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 12 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 13 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 14 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 15 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 16 Jamaica
- 17 Jamaica all inclusive
- 18 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 19 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 20 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 21 Cuba Opening Up
- 22 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 23 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 24 Why Barbados?
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!