My husband and I would like to take a trip to the Caribbean in mid June and stay in a villa but the more I look the more I get confused about where to go. We are in our late 40's, early 50's and we would like a bit of activity while on vacation.. Mainly we like to spend time around the beach and pool area, we love good food, enjoy a bit of shopping, enjoy snorkeling and doing some interesting things while on the island of our choice. A nice cocktail is a must also!
We are looking at the following islands: Aruba, Anguilla, St. Martin, Turks and Caicos and Grand Cayman. My dilema is we do enjoy relaxing but would like something else to do while we vacation. Is Anguilla to boring for us? i know they have fabulous beaches but is that it? St. Martin seems to have a variety of activities but I worry about our safety there. Is there a reason for concern? Aruba seems to fit the bill for great beaches, activity, good food choices but is it too commercialized? Also I saw some pics of baby beach and there were oil refinery smoke stacks not far off to the right of the beach. Major turnoff wouldn't you think? That leaves me with Turks and Caicos and Grand Cayman. From the pics I have seen of both the water and beaches they both seem to be some of the most beautiful that I have seen. I love shallow beaches and T&C definitely fits the bill for this. My concern with these two islands is again, are they too dull and boring outside of the beach and water activities? Any shopping in either of these places? How about the food? I guess I can't have it all but beings this is my first trip to the Caribbean I would really like to make it special and have a great time. For all of you seasoned travelers can you give me any advice on which one to choose or can you tell me your experience while visiting any of the islands I have mentioned? I have to decide soon but honestly I just don't know which one will make for a happy trip. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PANDA@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 PANDA Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 3 Christmas vacation
- 4 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 5 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 6 1st time to Barbados
- 7 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 8 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 9 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 10 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 11 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 12 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 13 GTC
- 14 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 15 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 16 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 17 Cayman Islands travel report
- 18 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 19 Curacao times 2
- 20 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 21 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 22 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 23 Bermuda Travel Report
- 24 Cuba Help
- 25 Cuba via cruise
So confused, too many islands. Need advice from frequent travelers....