I'm looking for suggestions on where to go at the end of August - I will more than likely be travelling alone, and am more interested in the lazy, beachy type of vacation. Not very adventurous (by myself anyway), and would like to probably keep pretty much to myself, maybe going off of the resort to shop a little, but that would be about it. I live in Ohio, so I will more than likely be flying out of either Dayton, Cincinnati or Columbus airports. Planning on a week, and my budget is around $3K. I have already been to the Bahamas, so I don't really want to go again. I have heard great things about Turks & Caicos, Bermuda and Jamaica, however, I know nothing about how the weather is that time of year with hurricane season, etc. I am also not dead set on the Caribbean, but figured that would be the easiest, given where I live. I am by no means a world traveler, but have many places and things I would love to experience - mainly Europe, but have no desire to go there by myself! I have been to Cancun, Bahamas on a cruise, Las Vegas, NYC, San Diego, Chicago, Dallas, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, many parts of Florida and on many boating trips to different lakes.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for island choice help
- 2 Best child-friendly resort in the Caribbean?
- 3 Help on choosing where to visit
- 4 Transfers to Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- 5 when to visit barbados
- 6 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 7 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 8 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 9 40th birthday with friends
- 10 which island?
- 11 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 12 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 13 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 14 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 15 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 16 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 17 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 18 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 19 Cuba in November
- 20 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 21 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 22 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 23 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 24 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 25 san salvador bahamas - trip report
Single woman, mid 30's, looking to travel alone at end of August...