I'm looking for suggestions on where to go at the end of August - I will more than likely be travelling alone, and am more interested in the lazy, beachy type of vacation. Not very adventurous (by myself anyway), and would like to probably keep pretty much to myself, maybe going off of the resort to shop a little, but that would be about it. I live in Ohio, so I will more than likely be flying out of either Dayton, Cincinnati or Columbus airports. Planning on a week, and my budget is around $3K. I have already been to the Bahamas, so I don't really want to go again. I have heard great things about Turks & Caicos, Bermuda and Jamaica, however, I know nothing about how the weather is that time of year with hurricane season, etc. I am also not dead set on the Caribbean, but figured that would be the easiest, given where I live. I am by no means a world traveler, but have many places and things I would love to experience - mainly Europe, but have no desire to go there by myself! I have been to Cancun, Bahamas on a cruise, Las Vegas, NYC, San Diego, Chicago, Dallas, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, many parts of Florida and on many boating trips to different lakes.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Single woman, mid 30's, looking to travel alone at end of August...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 3 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 4 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 5 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 8 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 9 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 10 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 11 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 16 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 17 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 18 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 19 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 20 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 21 Which island?
- 22 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 23 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 24 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 25 Resort hotels on St Croix