I'm looking for suggestions on where to go at the end of August - I will more than likely be travelling alone, and am more interested in the lazy, beachy type of vacation. Not very adventurous (by myself anyway), and would like to probably keep pretty much to myself, maybe going off of the resort to shop a little, but that would be about it. I live in Ohio, so I will more than likely be flying out of either Dayton, Cincinnati or Columbus airports. Planning on a week, and my budget is around $3K. I have already been to the Bahamas, so I don't really want to go again. I have heard great things about Turks & Caicos, Bermuda and Jamaica, however, I know nothing about how the weather is that time of year with hurricane season, etc. I am also not dead set on the Caribbean, but figured that would be the easiest, given where I live. I am by no means a world traveler, but have many places and things I would love to experience - mainly Europe, but have no desire to go there by myself! I have been to Cancun, Bahamas on a cruise, Las Vegas, NYC, San Diego, Chicago, Dallas, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, many parts of Florida and on many boating trips to different lakes.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 PRINTER b*g
- 2 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 3 Havana
- 4 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 5 Barbados-how about this place?
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 14 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 19 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 20 PR or USVI
- 21 Havana Hotel
- 22 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 23 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 24 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 25 Cayman Islands Currency
Single woman, mid 30's, looking to travel alone at end of August...