Hello All -
My husband & I are looking for a new place to visit. We owned a vacation house in Bonaire for 10 years; just sold it in June 2008 and haven't had a vacation since. We want to take a 7-10 day vacation in November or early December. My husband is a diver and I snorkel, however we have done so much that these activities are nice but aren't a priority. We don't need an action-packed adventure. Our desired budget for lodging is around $250/night (or less, of course!). We're curious about Anguilla, Barbados, Cayman, & Dominica, and are open to other suggestions.
What we like:
-Good food, but also wouldn't mind doing our own cooking occasionally
-Interaction w/ local people, culture, cuisine
-Place to stay right on the ocean
-Long, easy walks, especially on the beach
What we don't like:
-Touristy, party places
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 2 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 3 getting around in dominican republic
- 4 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 11 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 12 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 13 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 14 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 15 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 16 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 17 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 18 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 19 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 20 all inclusive advice
- 21 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 22 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 23 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 24 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 25 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
Hello All -