I have a shark phobia and I love the beach and swimming. I have been reading and hearing about all the shark attacks on the east coast and how more than half of the shark attacks happen florida. My question is "how much of a chance of a shark attack is there in the Caribbean?" I remember reading somewhere a while back that the last shark attack in Jamaica was in 1930 - is this true???
Sharks in Caribbean???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Safe for Family
- 2 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 9 fish fry on Curacao
- 10 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 11 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 12 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 13 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 14 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 15 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 16 Restaurants in Aruba
- 17 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 18 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 19 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 20 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 21 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 22 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 25 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please