First of all, thank you so much for helping us pick the resort. We figured if we are going to go to T&C (this is really a second honeymoon), we'd do it right. So we booked an ocean-front suite at Seven Stars. Got a really good rate through CostCo travel. I couldn't beat it anywhere else on the web. Even with that, now that we've invested the amount to buy a small car into our vacation, I want to tap into your collective knowledge to ensure we make the most of our trip!! On to my litany of questions....numbered for the answerer's ease.
1. So we've decided to rent a car for likely half the week we are there. Is Grace Bay Car Rentals the way to go?
2. Will half the week of a car rental us to see the best beaches outside Grace Bay (looks like there are really only 3-4 notable others according to the guidebook I got)? Any beach recos? Any out of the way, more private, beaches you know of?
3. Anyone who has stayed at Seven Stars have a room/building recommendation? Any insider tips for the resort?
4. Da Conch Shack and Coco Bistro are on the restaurant list. What else are can't miss restaurants?
5. We have a kitchen in the room, so plan on stocking up on lunch stuff and booze (to take our own down to the beach). Which is the least expensive (I realize this term is subjective on an island!)/most convenient to Grace Bay supermarket? Do you recommend we buy liquor/wine at the grocery, or make another stop? How's the wine selection on the island (we like California Cabs and Chards)?
6. I'd like to do a half or full day excursion. I've read Seven Stars offers one (snorkeling/beach lunch, etc). Anyone done theirs or have a reco on another vendors snorkel or 'deserted island' trip they've enjoyed?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have for us.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 2 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 3 Late May Trip
- 4 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 5 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 6 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Cheers to Beers!
- 9 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 10 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 11 New Years Eve / St John
- 12 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 13 Island Choice
- 14 Aruba Car Rental
- 15 If we loved Cayman...
- 16 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 17 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 18 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 19 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 20 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 21 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 22 aruba planning advice
- 23 Post Christmas to Mid January Getaway For Two
- 24 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 25 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?