First of all, thank you so much for helping us pick the resort. We figured if we are going to go to T&C (this is really a second honeymoon), we'd do it right. So we booked an ocean-front suite at Seven Stars. Got a really good rate through CostCo travel. I couldn't beat it anywhere else on the web. Even with that, now that we've invested the amount to buy a small car into our vacation, I want to tap into your collective knowledge to ensure we make the most of our trip!! On to my litany of questions....numbered for the answerer's ease.
1. So we've decided to rent a car for likely half the week we are there. Is Grace Bay Car Rentals the way to go?
2. Will half the week of a car rental us to see the best beaches outside Grace Bay (looks like there are really only 3-4 notable others according to the guidebook I got)? Any beach recos? Any out of the way, more private, beaches you know of?
3. Anyone who has stayed at Seven Stars have a room/building recommendation? Any insider tips for the resort?
4. Da Conch Shack and Coco Bistro are on the restaurant list. What else are can't miss restaurants?
5. We have a kitchen in the room, so plan on stocking up on lunch stuff and booze (to take our own down to the beach). Which is the least expensive (I realize this term is subjective on an island!)/most convenient to Grace Bay supermarket? Do you recommend we buy liquor/wine at the grocery, or make another stop? How's the wine selection on the island (we like California Cabs and Chards)?
6. I'd like to do a half or full day excursion. I've read Seven Stars offers one (snorkeling/beach lunch, etc). Anyone done theirs or have a reco on another vendors snorkel or 'deserted island' trip they've enjoyed?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have for us.
Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Late September cruise, is this a bad time of year?
- 2 Best Island for Me?
- 3 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 4 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 5 Too many choices.....
- 6 walking to the lighthouse
- 7 Why Barbados?
- 8 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 9 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 10 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 11 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 12 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 13 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 14 Cuba with Gate 1
- 15 Anguilla stay?
- 16 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 17 Back from San Juan
- 18 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 19 San Juan Airport
- 20 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 21 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 22 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Storm ?
- 25 Fun island to take 17 year olds