First of all, thank you so much for helping us pick the resort. We figured if we are going to go to T&C (this is really a second honeymoon), we'd do it right. So we booked an ocean-front suite at Seven Stars. Got a really good rate through CostCo travel. I couldn't beat it anywhere else on the web. Even with that, now that we've invested the amount to buy a small car into our vacation, I want to tap into your collective knowledge to ensure we make the most of our trip!! On to my litany of questions....numbered for the answerer's ease.
1. So we've decided to rent a car for likely half the week we are there. Is Grace Bay Car Rentals the way to go?
2. Will half the week of a car rental us to see the best beaches outside Grace Bay (looks like there are really only 3-4 notable others according to the guidebook I got)? Any beach recos? Any out of the way, more private, beaches you know of?
3. Anyone who has stayed at Seven Stars have a room/building recommendation? Any insider tips for the resort?
4. Da Conch Shack and Coco Bistro are on the restaurant list. What else are can't miss restaurants?
5. We have a kitchen in the room, so plan on stocking up on lunch stuff and booze (to take our own down to the beach). Which is the least expensive (I realize this term is subjective on an island!)/most convenient to Grace Bay supermarket? Do you recommend we buy liquor/wine at the grocery, or make another stop? How's the wine selection on the island (we like California Cabs and Chards)?
6. I'd like to do a half or full day excursion. I've read Seven Stars offers one (snorkeling/beach lunch, etc). Anyone done theirs or have a reco on another vendors snorkel or 'deserted island' trip they've enjoyed?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have for us.
Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 2 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 3 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 4 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 5 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 8 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 9 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 10 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 11 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 12 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 13 rent a car??
- 14 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa
- 15 Turks and Caicos Accommodations Question - West Bay Club
- 16 Trip to Grenada vs Anguilla vs Nevis
- 17 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 18 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 19 Cuba Opening Up
- 20 Honeymoon St. Lucia confused?
- 21 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 22 Scrub Island recommendations?
- 23 Wear can I tan that is Clothing Optional?
- 24 RIU Antilles Aruba
- 25 Honeymoon destination?