First of all, thank you so much for helping us pick the resort. We figured if we are going to go to T&C (this is really a second honeymoon), we'd do it right. So we booked an ocean-front suite at Seven Stars. Got a really good rate through CostCo travel. I couldn't beat it anywhere else on the web. Even with that, now that we've invested the amount to buy a small car into our vacation, I want to tap into your collective knowledge to ensure we make the most of our trip!! On to my litany of questions....numbered for the answerer's ease.
1. So we've decided to rent a car for likely half the week we are there. Is Grace Bay Car Rentals the way to go?
2. Will half the week of a car rental us to see the best beaches outside Grace Bay (looks like there are really only 3-4 notable others according to the guidebook I got)? Any beach recos? Any out of the way, more private, beaches you know of?
3. Anyone who has stayed at Seven Stars have a room/building recommendation? Any insider tips for the resort?
4. Da Conch Shack and Coco Bistro are on the restaurant list. What else are can't miss restaurants?
5. We have a kitchen in the room, so plan on stocking up on lunch stuff and booze (to take our own down to the beach). Which is the least expensive (I realize this term is subjective on an island!)/most convenient to Grace Bay supermarket? Do you recommend we buy liquor/wine at the grocery, or make another stop? How's the wine selection on the island (we like California Cabs and Chards)?
6. I'd like to do a half or full day excursion. I've read Seven Stars offers one (snorkeling/beach lunch, etc). Anyone done theirs or have a reco on another vendors snorkel or 'deserted island' trip they've enjoyed?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have for us.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 3 Cuba in November
- 4 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 5 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 6 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 7 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 8 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 9 Tennis in Aruba question
- 10 christmas in the caribbean
- 11 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 12 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 13 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 14 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 15 Jamaica
- 16 Money in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 18 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 19 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 20 Atlantis in Nassau
- 21 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 22 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe
- 23 My week in Guadeloupe
- 24 Guadeloupe in January
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive?