I have made a reservation for our family of four (kids' ages are 11 and 8) for two night stay at Sebastian's at the beach hotel in Feb. This small hotel is located at Apple's Bay, Tortola. This was one of few properties in Tortola that wasn't sold out and relatively affordable. But that also makes me wonder if there are any specific concerns (ongoing renovation, safety etc) with this property compared to other places that were all fully booked. Otherwise I could look at other options such as villa rentals, Sugar Mills or (if nothing reasonable is available on Tortola) staying at St John/St Thomas.
How is the beach at this location? It's seems its a surfer beach and we are not surfers. But we would like to let kids play around on the beach and get in the water a bit if the waves are not too strong and there is no dangerous undercurrent. Having said that since we will be there only for 2 nights we likely will spending most of the at other nearby beaches such as Cane Garden Bay or Smuggler's cover, maybe even make a trip to Jost Van Dyke.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://supplementeffects.com/apex-cleanse/
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 Ideal wedding island
- 4 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 5 Help with small wedding location
- 6 First time visitors
- 7 Help choosing next vacation??
- 8 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 9 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 12 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 13 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 14 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 15 St. Croix
- 16 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 17 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 18 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 19 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 20 Island Hopping
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion