I have made a reservation for our family of four (kids' ages are 11 and 8) for two night stay at Sebastian's at the beach hotel in Feb. This small hotel is located at Apple's Bay, Tortola. This was one of few properties in Tortola that wasn't sold out and relatively affordable. But that also makes me wonder if there are any specific concerns (ongoing renovation, safety etc) with this property compared to other places that were all fully booked. Otherwise I could look at other options such as villa rentals, Sugar Mills or (if nothing reasonable is available on Tortola) staying at St John/St Thomas.
How is the beach at this location? It's seems its a surfer beach and we are not surfers. But we would like to let kids play around on the beach and get in the water a bit if the waves are not too strong and there is no dangerous undercurrent. Having said that since we will be there only for 2 nights we likely will spending most of the at other nearby beaches such as Cane Garden Bay or Smuggler's cover, maybe even make a trip to Jost Van Dyke.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 6 Turks and caicos
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 Aruba weather
- 9 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 10 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 11 Turks and caicos
- 12 Cruise stop activities
- 13 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 14 Jade Mountain
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 17 Bermuda
- 18 Restaurant Suggestions
- 19 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 20 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 21 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 22 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 23 Taxi info. Self touring
- 24 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 25 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort