Booked flights to San Juan March 25-30. 5 full days and first time in Puerto Rico. The beaches in SJ don't look that great but there seems to be a lot more nightlife and local life in SJ so thats a plus. So thinking of splitting the time between SJ and Vieques. If we opt for Vieques for 2-3 days, I assume it is preferred to take the flight from SJ Ila Grande Airport rather than the taxi/ferry from Fajardo? What if we went to Fajardo first for evening glow-in-the-dark kayaking and then an 8:30pm ferry..is that even possible to arrange? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Something like the below:
Fri Mar 25 - arrive in SJ at 11:30 am - relax, hang out, evening party a little
Sat Mar 26 - old town exploration and then beach, evening entertainment
Sun Mar 27A - relaxing in SJ, then evening kayaking tour in Fajardo, 8:30pm ferry to Vieques
Sun Mar 27B - early flight to Vieques from SJIG, relax all day
Mon Mar 28 - Vieques relax/beach
Tue Mar 29 - Vieques relax/beach
Wed Mar 30 - early flight to SJU, connect to flight to NYC.
or should we just stick to SJ and take day trips to the rain forrest or Culebra or Fajardo kayaking?
We are a couple in our 30's
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 19 First time to Puerto Rico
- 20 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 21 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 22 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 23 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 24 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 25 Punta Cana