Booked flights to San Juan March 25-30. 5 full days and first time in Puerto Rico. The beaches in SJ don't look that great but there seems to be a lot more nightlife and local life in SJ so thats a plus. So thinking of splitting the time between SJ and Vieques. If we opt for Vieques for 2-3 days, I assume it is preferred to take the flight from SJ Ila Grande Airport rather than the taxi/ferry from Fajardo? What if we went to Fajardo first for evening glow-in-the-dark kayaking and then an 8:30pm ferry..is that even possible to arrange? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Something like the below:
Fri Mar 25 - arrive in SJ at 11:30 am - relax, hang out, evening party a little
Sat Mar 26 - old town exploration and then beach, evening entertainment
Sun Mar 27A - relaxing in SJ, then evening kayaking tour in Fajardo, 8:30pm ferry to Vieques
Sun Mar 27B - early flight to Vieques from SJIG, relax all day
Mon Mar 28 - Vieques relax/beach
Tue Mar 29 - Vieques relax/beach
Wed Mar 30 - early flight to SJU, connect to flight to NYC.
or should we just stick to SJ and take day trips to the rain forrest or Culebra or Fajardo kayaking?
We are a couple in our 30's
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PR or USVI
- 2 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 3 Which Caribbean island?
- 4 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 5 5 days in Havana
- 6 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 7 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 8 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 11 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 12 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 13 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 14 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 15 Scrub Island Resort
- 16 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 17 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 18 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 19 Wedding Destinations???
- 20 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 21 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 22 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 23 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 24 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth
- 25 Traveling with a toddler -Please help!