I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
San Juan - 3/4 days/nights
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need a new vacation spot!
- 2 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 3 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 4 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 5 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 6 Mid October Honeymoon
- 7 Summer family vacation
- 8 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 9 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 10 Caribbean with grown kids
- 11 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 12 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 13 Honeymoon destination?
- 14 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 15 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 16 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 17 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 18 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 19 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 20 Anguilla Beaches
- 21 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 22 Cuba help!
- 23 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 24 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 25 Rent a car?