I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 2 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 3 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 4 Help on choosing where to visit
- 5 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 6 which island?
- 7 40th birthday with friends
- 8 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 9 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 10 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 11 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 12 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 Cuba in November
- 16 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 17 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 18 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 19 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 20 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 21 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 22 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 23 Tennis in Aruba question
- 24 christmas in the caribbean
- 25 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016