I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 3 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 4 aruba planning advice
- 5 Move to grand cayman
- 6 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 7 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 8 Malaria Punta Cana
- 9 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 10 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 11 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 12 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 13 New Destination
- 14 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 15 Bahamas help
- 16 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 17 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 18 Vacation suggestion, please
- 19 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 20 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 21 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 22 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 23 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 24 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 25 Transfer from Havana to Varadero