I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling Couple need to narrow down island - May/April
- 2 island advice for 7 night end of march
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 Family of 5 undecided island
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 9 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Tortola next week
- 12 Summer trip
- 13 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 14 DR vs. Mexico
- 15 Surf Fly Fishing
- 16 Christmas 2017
- 17 Honeymoon Help!!
- 18 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 19 All inclusive
- 20 BVI trip questions
- 21 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 22 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 23 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 family resort ideas?