I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 3 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 4 Cuba for 6 days
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 9 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 when to visit barbados
- 13 Barbados Beaches
- 14 Punta Cana
- 15 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 16 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 17 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 18 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 19 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 20 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 21 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Trouble booking hotels!
- 24 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 25 Airport transfer PUJ