I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 2 Where should we go? Feeling overwhelmed
- 3 Ecotourism - are there organized tours
- 4 Choosing the best island for Honeymoon
- 5 Caribbean ferries
- 6 Choosing the Right Island
- 7 car rental in barbados
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 10 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 11 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 12 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 13 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 14 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 15 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 16 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 17 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 18 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 19 Aruba help!
- 20 St Martin
- 21 Planning a three week trip
- 22 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 23 Casa Karma
- 24 Honeymoon - please help!
- 25 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean