I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Virgin Gorda Trip Report - lots of photos!
- 2 First Caribbean Destination
- 3 Royalton Resorts
- 4 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 5 Nassau Bahamas
- 6 Punta Cana Excursions
- 7 Paradise island in Bahama
- 8 Vacation recommendations
- 9 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 10 Help with small wedding location
- 11 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 12 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 15 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 16 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 17 BVI trip questions
- 18 Curaçao and girls?
- 19 Small Carribean Hotel
- 20 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 21 customs questions
- 22 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 23 Biking in Caribbean
- 24 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 25 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba