I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 2 Cuba via cruise
- 3 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 4 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 5 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 6 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 7 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 8 Cuba Help
- 9 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 10 Living in the Caribbean
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma