I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 2 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 3 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 4 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 5 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 6 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 7 30th anniversary trip
- 8 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 9 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 10 Bermuda in February or March
- 11 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 12 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 13 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 14 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 15 Safest Islands for Us?
- 16 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 17 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 18 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 19 Narrowing it down
- 20 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 21 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 22 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 23 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 24 Destination Wedding
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous