I'm just starting (and hopefully finishing soon) research on places for my wife and I to go for Christmas break for a short trip (we are both in our early 30s). We want somewhere warm, with beaches, yet also enough other things to do in the day like explore a city - and some fun but not over-the-top nightlife. San Juan seemed like it had all of these. While we like sitting on the beach and getting into the ocean, we aren't really 'resort' types, and I've heard the luxury resorts (Conquistador, Ritz, etc) are actually a decent distance from San Juan. I was hoping to get people's views as to whether San Juan did fit the bill for what we are looking for - we are planning on spending 3-4 days/nights, and wanted to see if people thought there was enough to do in terms of exploring Old San Juan, enjoying the beach, eating at local restaurants, and going out a little at night. Any thoughts much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DR - All inclusive
- 2 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 3 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 6 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 7 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 8 Late May Trip
- 9 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 10 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Cheers to Beers!
- 13 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 14 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 15 New Years Eve / St John
- 16 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 17 Island Choice
- 18 Aruba Car Rental
- 19 If we loved Cayman...
- 20 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 21 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 22 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 24 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 25 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos