My wife and I were/are planning a mini vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico, specially the old town for a few days before the start of a cruise. I have read some things about the crime in San Juan. Now, I realize that all cities have their bad parts. But then I read about a part of town called “LA PERLA”. It sounded pretty bad. But what made it a worse was when I found out just how close it is to Old San Juan and where I would be staying (El Convento) and the historical sights I want to see. Now I know that the town is way lower than the old town which looks to be protested by a wall. I read that you pretty much have to be purposely going there and that it is near impossible to accidently wander in there. With that being said, Old san Juan might be safe from La Perla, but what’s keeping the trouble in la Perla from bleeding into Old san Juan? Any opinions or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Saftey concerns in old town san juan (La Perla)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic