My wife and I were/are planning a mini vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico, specially the old town for a few days before the start of a cruise. I have read some things about the crime in San Juan. Now, I realize that all cities have their bad parts. But then I read about a part of town called “LA PERLA”. It sounded pretty bad. But what made it a worse was when I found out just how close it is to Old San Juan and where I would be staying (El Convento) and the historical sights I want to see. Now I know that the town is way lower than the old town which looks to be protested by a wall. I read that you pretty much have to be purposely going there and that it is near impossible to accidently wander in there. With that being said, Old san Juan might be safe from La Perla, but what’s keeping the trouble in la Perla from bleeding into Old san Juan? Any opinions or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Saftey concerns in old town san juan (La Perla)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 3 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 4 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 7 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 8 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 9 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 10 Which island?
- 11 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 15 St. Croix and sea grass
- 16 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 17 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 18 Bahamas Resort
- 19 Which country?
- 20 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 21 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 22 Antigua or St Martin
- 23 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 24 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 25 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???