My wife and I were/are planning a mini vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico, specially the old town for a few days before the start of a cruise. I have read some things about the crime in San Juan. Now, I realize that all cities have their bad parts. But then I read about a part of town called “LA PERLA”. It sounded pretty bad. But what made it a worse was when I found out just how close it is to Old San Juan and where I would be staying (El Convento) and the historical sights I want to see. Now I know that the town is way lower than the old town which looks to be protested by a wall. I read that you pretty much have to be purposely going there and that it is near impossible to accidently wander in there. With that being said, Old san Juan might be safe from La Perla, but what’s keeping the trouble in la Perla from bleeding into Old san Juan? Any opinions or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Saftey concerns in old town san juan (La Perla)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cayman Islands in October
- 2 What would be a good gift for someone to bring you from the Caribbean?
- 3 Rum Cake from Grand Cayman
- 4 Carribean vacation with infant
- 5 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 6 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 7 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 8 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 things to do in Nassau
- 11 Which Island?
- 12 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 13 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 14 St. John USVI
- 15 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 16 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 17 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 18 Best island for early to mid November
- 19 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 22 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 23 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 24 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 25 planning a long weekend for Feb/March