My wife and I were/are planning a mini vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico, specially the old town for a few days before the start of a cruise. I have read some things about the crime in San Juan. Now, I realize that all cities have their bad parts. But then I read about a part of town called “LA PERLA”. It sounded pretty bad. But what made it a worse was when I found out just how close it is to Old San Juan and where I would be staying (El Convento) and the historical sights I want to see. Now I know that the town is way lower than the old town which looks to be protested by a wall. I read that you pretty much have to be purposely going there and that it is near impossible to accidently wander in there. With that being said, Old san Juan might be safe from La Perla, but what’s keeping the trouble in la Perla from bleeding into Old san Juan? Any opinions or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Saftey concerns in old town san juan (La Perla)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 2 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 3 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 4 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 5 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 6 Turks & Caicos
- 7 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 8 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 9 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 10 Long Island Bahanas
- 11 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 12 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 13 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 14 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 15 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 16 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 17 Punta Cana excursions
- 18 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 19 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 20 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 21 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 22 Aruba suggestions
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Nassau
- 25 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?