I am contemplating a day trip to Saba via WinAir, but need some advice. I will be arriving in St Maarten on a cruise ship that is scheduled to arrive at 7 am on a Monday. There is a flight available at 8:30 a.m, returning at 3. My dilemna is how to assess whether or not I will have time to get to the airport and clear security in time to catch the 8:30 flight. I'm figuring a prettty good chance of being off the boat by 7:30, then getting a taxi to the airport, which I understand is 15 minutes away. Is this totally unrealistic? I've read the St Maarten airport has confusing procedures requiring customs clearance in one area, then traveling to the ticket counter, then back though security. I don't want to throw money down the drain if my odds are very low of making the flight. On the other hand, if there's a reasonable 50/50 chance, I don't mind a little gamble. There is no other option for a later flight on that morning. Ferry service is also not available that morning. Any advice on whether I should attempt this?
Saba day trip question
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 2 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 3 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 4 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 5 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 6 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 7 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 8 Turks & Caicos
- 9 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 10 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 11 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 12 Long Island Bahanas
- 13 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 14 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 15 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 16 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 17 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 18 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 19 Punta Cana excursions
- 20 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 21 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 22 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 23 Aruba suggestions
- 24 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 25 Nassau