I am contemplating a day trip to Saba via WinAir, but need some advice. I will be arriving in St Maarten on a cruise ship that is scheduled to arrive at 7 am on a Monday. There is a flight available at 8:30 a.m, returning at 3. My dilemna is how to assess whether or not I will have time to get to the airport and clear security in time to catch the 8:30 flight. I'm figuring a prettty good chance of being off the boat by 7:30, then getting a taxi to the airport, which I understand is 15 minutes away. Is this totally unrealistic? I've read the St Maarten airport has confusing procedures requiring customs clearance in one area, then traveling to the ticket counter, then back though security. I don't want to throw money down the drain if my odds are very low of making the flight. On the other hand, if there's a reasonable 50/50 chance, I don't mind a little gamble. There is no other option for a later flight on that morning. Ferry service is also not available that morning. Any advice on whether I should attempt this?
Saba day trip question
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 dominican republic
- 2 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 3 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 4 Summer family vacation
- 5 St Martin
- 6 Florida or caribbean
- 7 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 8 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 9 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 10 Resort villa suggestions
- 11 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 12 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 13 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 14 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 15 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 16 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 17 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 18 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 21 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 22 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 23 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 24 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 25 rent a car??