Caribbean Islands Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcements:
  • Umbria Writers Needed
    by Emily_D Fodor's Editor | Posted on Jul 16, 15 at 03:13 PM
  • Writers Need for New Zealand Guide
    by Emily_D Fodor's Editor | Posted on Jul 15, 15 at 03:11 PM
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
  1. 1 St Croix for mom and teen daughter??
  2. 2 Need 1 room for family of 5 at fun upscale hotel
  3. 3 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
  4. 4 cuba via bahamas
  5. 5 St. Lucia Sept or October
  6. 6 Help me with my Turks & Caicos honeymoon!
  7. 7 Choosing between Ritz and Hyatt in Aruba
  8. 8 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
  9. 9 Caribbean holiday in December
  10. 10 Activities/Tours in Aruba
  11. 11 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
  12. 12 Barbados vs Grenada
  13. 13 need ideas
  14. 14 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
  15. 15 Barbados or st Martin that's the dilemma
  16. 16 Carribean Cruise then immigration
  17. 17 Trip Report Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
  18. 18 Cuba tour companies
  19. 19 Snorkeling Grand Cayman
  20. 20 last-minute summer beach trip (Aruba?) with kids
  21. 21 The formula effortlessly helps to restore
  22. 22 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
  23. 23 Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Aruba
  24. 24 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
  25. 25 Weather in Nov
View next 25 » Back to the top

Saba day trip question

Jump to last reply

I am contemplating a day trip to Saba via WinAir, but need some advice. I will be arriving in St Maarten on a cruise ship that is scheduled to arrive at 7 am on a Monday. There is a flight available at 8:30 a.m, returning at 3. My dilemna is how to assess whether or not I will have time to get to the airport and clear security in time to catch the 8:30 flight. I'm figuring a prettty good chance of being off the boat by 7:30, then getting a taxi to the airport, which I understand is 15 minutes away. Is this totally unrealistic? I've read the St Maarten airport has confusing procedures requiring customs clearance in one area, then traveling to the ticket counter, then back though security. I don't want to throw money down the drain if my odds are very low of making the flight. On the other hand, if there's a reasonable 50/50 chance, I don't mind a little gamble. There is no other option for a later flight on that morning. Ferry service is also not available that morning. Any advice on whether I should attempt this?

5 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement