I am contemplating a day trip to Saba via WinAir, but need some advice. I will be arriving in St Maarten on a cruise ship that is scheduled to arrive at 7 am on a Monday. There is a flight available at 8:30 a.m, returning at 3. My dilemna is how to assess whether or not I will have time to get to the airport and clear security in time to catch the 8:30 flight. I'm figuring a prettty good chance of being off the boat by 7:30, then getting a taxi to the airport, which I understand is 15 minutes away. Is this totally unrealistic? I've read the St Maarten airport has confusing procedures requiring customs clearance in one area, then traveling to the ticket counter, then back though security. I don't want to throw money down the drain if my odds are very low of making the flight. On the other hand, if there's a reasonable 50/50 chance, I don't mind a little gamble. There is no other option for a later flight on that morning. Ferry service is also not available that morning. Any advice on whether I should attempt this?
Saba day trip question
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens