I'll have to cut this up into sections so I'll get a start today & add on as time allows. We departed CLT Sunday evening & had an uneventful, direct (the best kind) flight to St. Maarten via US Air (of course). There we stayed at the Wyndham ($12 for a taxi from the airport) which is nice enough for $250/night. We met some friends who were staying at the Esmeralda (sp?) on Orient Bay. It was of their opinion that our place was a tad nicer & a tad cheaper. We had a little efficiency type room w/a kitchen as well as a pocket door that you could separate the 'living room' from the sleeping/kitchen area. This came in handy w/the two little ones (A 3 year old & 11 month old). After some debate we had dinner at the hotel which was actually very good, the scallops being everyones' favorite. It was an early evening as we had to travel to Montserrat the following day. If you need anything at the Wyndham, Janelle is the person to take care of it for you. On the Wyndham, not the best of locations but convenient to the airport which was good enough for us. The pool area & restaurant were fine & they even had a 'kiddie pool', which was a nice surprise. This property used to be a condo/time share property & there are still a few lingering owners. We were typically the youngest persons there (outside of staff) by twenty years or so.
SA is back from Montserrat !! - Trip Report, phase I
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice needed
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens