I'll have to cut this up into sections so I'll get a start today & add on as time allows. We departed CLT Sunday evening & had an uneventful, direct (the best kind) flight to St. Maarten via US Air (of course). There we stayed at the Wyndham ($12 for a taxi from the airport) which is nice enough for $250/night. We met some friends who were staying at the Esmeralda (sp?) on Orient Bay. It was of their opinion that our place was a tad nicer & a tad cheaper. We had a little efficiency type room w/a kitchen as well as a pocket door that you could separate the 'living room' from the sleeping/kitchen area. This came in handy w/the two little ones (A 3 year old & 11 month old). After some debate we had dinner at the hotel which was actually very good, the scallops being everyones' favorite. It was an early evening as we had to travel to Montserrat the following day. If you need anything at the Wyndham, Janelle is the person to take care of it for you. On the Wyndham, not the best of locations but convenient to the airport which was good enough for us. The pool area & restaurant were fine & they even had a 'kiddie pool', which was a nice surprise. This property used to be a condo/time share property & there are still a few lingering owners. We were typically the youngest persons there (outside of staff) by twenty years or so.
SA is back from Montserrat !! - Trip Report, phase I
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 2 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 3 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 4 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 5 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 6 Bahamas Resort
- 7 Which country?
- 8 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 9 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 10 Antigua or St Martin
- 11 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 12 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 13 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 14 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 15 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 16 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 17 St. Croix and sea grass
- 18 montego bay
- 19 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 20 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 21 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 22 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 23 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 24 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 25 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years