The day of our wedding at the Riu was amazing. Corinne, the organizer was phenomenal. So why then am I rating this one star? It has been almost a year since my husband and I were married there and we are still dealing with the photographer, Ever After Aruba, who took our photos. While Jason Margarita and his wife, Evita, are not employed directly by the Riu, he was on the list provided of prospective photographers and we paid the Riu directly for his services. Since our wedding, we have sent about a hundred emails trying to get all of our photos and videos. The wedding coordinator has not been able to successfully rectify this situation for us. Our travel agent even called and she was supposedly quite rude to her and the Riu itself was not helpful (denied having his name on the list provided or that we paid them but I have copies of both). We have been lied to several times about things supposedly being sent by Jason and Evita, never to receive them or to receive them much later after a lot of hassle. We also received a bill from FedEx which they claimed to have paid/would pay if not already paid. It is extremely challenging and frustrating to get an honest response. While the resort itself was beautiful and we had a great vacation, if you are looking to have a stress-free wedding, please look elsewhere to exchange your vows and DO NOT use these photographers' services.
Riu Aruba - Avoid Using Ever After Aruba Photography
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 2 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 5 Safe for Family
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 8 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 9 Snorkeling
- 10 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 11 fish fry on Curacao
- 12 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 13 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 14 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 15 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 16 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 17 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 18 Restaurants in Aruba
- 19 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 20 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 21 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 22 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 25 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side