The day of our wedding at the Riu was amazing. Corinne, the organizer was phenomenal. So why then am I rating this one star? It has been almost a year since my husband and I were married there and we are still dealing with the photographer, Ever After Aruba, who took our photos. While Jason Margarita and his wife, Evita, are not employed directly by the Riu, he was on the list provided of prospective photographers and we paid the Riu directly for his services. Since our wedding, we have sent about a hundred emails trying to get all of our photos and videos. The wedding coordinator has not been able to successfully rectify this situation for us. Our travel agent even called and she was supposedly quite rude to her and the Riu itself was not helpful (denied having his name on the list provided or that we paid them but I have copies of both). We have been lied to several times about things supposedly being sent by Jason and Evita, never to receive them or to receive them much later after a lot of hassle. We also received a bill from FedEx which they claimed to have paid/would pay if not already paid. It is extremely challenging and frustrating to get an honest response. While the resort itself was beautiful and we had a great vacation, if you are looking to have a stress-free wedding, please look elsewhere to exchange your vows and DO NOT use these photographers' services.
Riu Aruba - Avoid Using Ever After Aruba Photography
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES