The day of our wedding at the Riu was amazing. Corinne, the organizer was phenomenal. So why then am I rating this one star? It has been almost a year since my husband and I were married there and we are still dealing with the photographer, Ever After Aruba, who took our photos. While Jason Margarita and his wife, Evita, are not employed directly by the Riu, he was on the list provided of prospective photographers and we paid the Riu directly for his services. Since our wedding, we have sent about a hundred emails trying to get all of our photos and videos. The wedding coordinator has not been able to successfully rectify this situation for us. Our travel agent even called and she was supposedly quite rude to her and the Riu itself was not helpful (denied having his name on the list provided or that we paid them but I have copies of both). We have been lied to several times about things supposedly being sent by Jason and Evita, never to receive them or to receive them much later after a lot of hassle. We also received a bill from FedEx which they claimed to have paid/would pay if not already paid. It is extremely challenging and frustrating to get an honest response. While the resort itself was beautiful and we had a great vacation, if you are looking to have a stress-free wedding, please look elsewhere to exchange your vows and DO NOT use these photographers' services.
Riu Aruba - Avoid Using Ever After Aruba Photography
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 2 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 3 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 4 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 5 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 6 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 7 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 8 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 9 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 10 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 11 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 14 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 15 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 16 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 17 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 18 Beaches Turks question
- 19 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 20 Curacao - where to stay
- 21 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 22 May Honeymoon
- 23 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada
- 24 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 25 USVI / BVI – Affordable and Not a Dump / Where is the middle?