The day of our wedding at the Riu was amazing. Corinne, the organizer was phenomenal. So why then am I rating this one star? It has been almost a year since my husband and I were married there and we are still dealing with the photographer, Ever After Aruba, who took our photos. While Jason Margarita and his wife, Evita, are not employed directly by the Riu, he was on the list provided of prospective photographers and we paid the Riu directly for his services. Since our wedding, we have sent about a hundred emails trying to get all of our photos and videos. The wedding coordinator has not been able to successfully rectify this situation for us. Our travel agent even called and she was supposedly quite rude to her and the Riu itself was not helpful (denied having his name on the list provided or that we paid them but I have copies of both). We have been lied to several times about things supposedly being sent by Jason and Evita, never to receive them or to receive them much later after a lot of hassle. We also received a bill from FedEx which they claimed to have paid/would pay if not already paid. It is extremely challenging and frustrating to get an honest response. While the resort itself was beautiful and we had a great vacation, if you are looking to have a stress-free wedding, please look elsewhere to exchange your vows and DO NOT use these photographers' services.
Riu Aruba - Avoid Using Ever After Aruba Photography
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?