I am in the early stages of planning our honeymoon, and have become very interested in Aruba! We have not decided if we want an all inclusive resort or not yet. We like the aspect that we would have everything at our fingertips but also know that there are tons of great restaurants and bars throughout the island so I would like to hear your input! Our budget for a resort for 7 nights would be in the $3000 range. I know that some AI resorts such as the DIVI aruba and Tamaijn are in that range, while others are too high. Other resorts that are not AI are below the $3000 for the week, but then we would have to pay for all our meals ourselves. So that is my dilemma pretty much; would we get more for our money going for an AI or just a regular resort. We do plan on exploring while we are on our honeymoon (snorkel, jeep tour, shopping) so I need to keep that cost of all that in mind as well. I would like to stay somewhere along on Eagle Beach.
Other questions: Has anyone been in July before..how is the weather/wind during that time? Would you recommend renting a car or just sticking with public transportation? bus/taxi seem pretty safe/not too expensive from what I've read so far from posts. Are groceries and alcohol expensive to buy on the island?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 My New Life !
- 2 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 3 Travel buddy
- 4 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 5 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 6 Cuba
- 7 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Help me to pick an island
- 12 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 13 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 14 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 15 When to go to El Yunque
- 16 Honeymoon Advice
- 17 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 18 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 19 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 20 Conference in Cuba in February
- 21 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 22 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 23 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 24 Small boat excursion
- 25 Overwhelmed....