A friend and I will be in Puerto Rico for 8 days. We are flying into San Juan and plan on travelling to several different places around the island. I have read reviews about the lack of public transportation around the island, but I have also read a lot of reviews from people who have had a lot of trouble renting cars as well. I would like advice on whether we would be happier trying to rent a car or figuring out local transportation to get where we are going. Also neither of us is 25 so we would be paying a little extra for renting a car. Thanks!
Rent a Car or not in Puerto Rico
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 3 Where to stay on Vieques
- 4 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 month stay on a caribbean island
- 7 Ferry to Rum Point
- 8 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?