My husband and I have been to Negril five times over the past twelve years. We were planning to return this year after a four year absence. I have just read an article, published in The Gleaner, about a violent robbery at a hotel in the west end (near the roundabout I believe) and another that took place a few months back in the same area, in which the hotel's gardener was shot and killed. As a frequent traveler, and one who has visited this area of the world before, I understand that crime is every where and I also understand the concept of common sense. My question is, what sense did those who have recently traveled to Negril have of their personal safety? Any changes if you have traveled there over a period of years? We plan to stay on the east end of the beach, toward, but not in, the AIs. Thank you, I will look forward to responses.
Recent crime reports re: Negril
- 1 Bermuda Trip
- 2 Sailing in the Bahamas (HD Timelapse Video)
- 3 Wedding at smaller all inclusive, not in mexico?
- 4 What are the best holiday destinations in the Caribbean?
- 5 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 6 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 7 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 8 Which island to visit???
- 9 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 10 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 11 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 12 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 13 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 14 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 15 quiet and relaxing
- 16 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 17 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 18 St.Thomas St. John
- 19 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 20 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 21 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 22 June vacation trip for guys
- 23 Honeymoon Help!
- 24 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 25 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?