It seems that Trinidad and Tobago don't see a lot of 'action' on Fodors, but as this is my favorite forum to post on, I figured I'd see if anyone has suggestions for me...
I will be visiting T&T towards the end of June; just spending a long weekend there because we found an amazing airfare deal. Most of the time will be spent on Trinidad and we have that game plan worked out (Asa Wright Center primarily).
We also want to check out Tobago and plan to fly over for a day trip. We'll only be able to spare one full day. There will be two of us traveling (both female, ages 28 and 45). We will probably rent a car so we can explore at will.
-We will be visiting on a Sunday. Will most restaurants, shops and attractions be open? Will we have trouble finding a place to rent snorkel gear?
-We'd like to snorkel for a few hours. Where are the best sites for this from the beach? We want nice calm water, no riptides or heavy surf...
-Crime is always a concern and there are unfortunately plenty of unpleasant reports of crimes against tourists in T&T. We will just take day packs with us for the Tobago day, but will have cameras, a little bit of cash, credit card for the rental car, and passport copies on us. I'm planning to buy a waterproof pouch to keep car key, money and passport copy in (will keep it with me as I swim/snorkel), but what about our other belongings? Is it safe to lock stuff out-of-sight in the car? Any other personal safety precautions we need to take (places or situations to avoid on the island)? We won't be planning to seek out the party scene; just looking to spend a nice low-key day...
Many thanks for any info or insight anyone has to share!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 2 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 3 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 4 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 5 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 6 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 7 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 8 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 9 30th anniversary trip
- 10 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 11 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 12 Bermuda in February or March
- 13 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 14 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 15 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 16 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 17 Safest Islands for Us?
- 18 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 19 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 20 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 21 Narrowing it down
- 22 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 23 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 24 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 25 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana