I'm a 28 y.o. woman thinking of travelling alone to St. Bart's next week (short notice) and had two questions:
1) Is a car absolutely necessary for getting around (I'm most likely staying in St. Jean)? Are taxis available?
2) Is St. Bart's "too quiet" to go to alone? I'm mostly looking to relax, but don't want to feel completely isolated.
I've heard conflicting opinions on both questions, so any answers (even conflicting ones!) are most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 2 Conference in Cuba in February
- 3 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 4 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 5 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 6 Help me to pick an island
- 7 Small boat excursion
- 8 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 9 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 10 Overwhelmed....
- 11 Can you tell me where?
- 12 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 13 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 14 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 15 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 16 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 17 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 18 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 19 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 20 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 21 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 22 Help picking an island!!!!
- 23 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 24 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 25 When to go to El Yunque