I've had such great luck with suggestions from fodor's forum that I am yet again asking for help.
I will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico in late January with my friend and would like to know what are the sights I must not miss while I am there?
We will be in the Condado area and wanted to check out the following things.
1. El Yunque National Forest
2. Bio Bay
3. Cavernas de Camuy
4. Old San Juan
I would like to know while visiting these areas would I:
1) need a tour guide?
2) need tickets or have to pay to see these areas?
3) is it wiser/cheaper to rent a car there to visit these areas? or some other form of transportation? (although looking into it I didn't find any local transportation to el yunque bio bay or the cavernas. But again I am ill informed)
4) is this all too extensive for 5 days? (we are college students from nyc and very used to walking everywhere so we don't mind the walking or hiking)
and lastly I would greatly appreciate it if there are any restaurants or other sights around the area that you'd recommend! anything wallet friendly would be great as we are students but we are also willing to splurge here and there!! this would be my first trip out of United States in a decade so I am quite a rookie!
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PR or USVI
- 2 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 3 Which Caribbean island?
- 4 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 5 5 days in Havana
- 6 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 7 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 8 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 11 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 12 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 13 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 14 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 15 Scrub Island Resort
- 16 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 17 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 18 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 19 Wedding Destinations???
- 20 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 21 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 22 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 23 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 24 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth
- 25 Traveling with a toddler -Please help!