I've had such great luck with suggestions from fodor's forum that I am yet again asking for help.
I will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico in late January with my friend and would like to know what are the sights I must not miss while I am there?
We will be in the Condado area and wanted to check out the following things.
1. El Yunque National Forest
2. Bio Bay
3. Cavernas de Camuy
4. Old San Juan
I would like to know while visiting these areas would I:
1) need a tour guide?
2) need tickets or have to pay to see these areas?
3) is it wiser/cheaper to rent a car there to visit these areas? or some other form of transportation? (although looking into it I didn't find any local transportation to el yunque bio bay or the cavernas. But again I am ill informed)
4) is this all too extensive for 5 days? (we are college students from nyc and very used to walking everywhere so we don't mind the walking or hiking)
and lastly I would greatly appreciate it if there are any restaurants or other sights around the area that you'd recommend! anything wallet friendly would be great as we are students but we are also willing to splurge here and there!! this would be my first trip out of United States in a decade so I am quite a rookie!
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ HP TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?