I've had such great luck with suggestions from fodor's forum that I am yet again asking for help.
I will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico in late January with my friend and would like to know what are the sights I must not miss while I am there?
We will be in the Condado area and wanted to check out the following things.
1. El Yunque National Forest
2. Bio Bay
3. Cavernas de Camuy
4. Old San Juan
I would like to know while visiting these areas would I:
1) need a tour guide?
2) need tickets or have to pay to see these areas?
3) is it wiser/cheaper to rent a car there to visit these areas? or some other form of transportation? (although looking into it I didn't find any local transportation to el yunque bio bay or the cavernas. But again I am ill informed)
4) is this all too extensive for 5 days? (we are college students from nyc and very used to walking everywhere so we don't mind the walking or hiking)
and lastly I would greatly appreciate it if there are any restaurants or other sights around the area that you'd recommend! anything wallet friendly would be great as we are students but we are also willing to splurge here and there!! this would be my first trip out of United States in a decade so I am quite a rookie!
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Chritiansted Liquor Stores
- 2 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 3 Puerto Rico - self driving - any suggestions?
- 4 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 7 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 8 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 9 Cuba for 6 days
- 10 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 11 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 12 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 13 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 Honeymoon Help!!
- 16 when to visit barbados
- 17 Barbados Beaches
- 18 Punta Cana
- 19 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 20 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 21 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 22 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 23 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 24 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations