My friends and I are looking to book a trip to Puerto Plata early next April. There will be 5 adults (early 30's), 2 couples and 1 single. Initially we were planning to book Cofresi Palm Beach through CheapCaribbean. But now we have the option of going through my grandma's timeshare company at Blue Bay, for 1 extra night and a slightly lower cost. We can choose between "Silver Deluxe" or "no concierge." If we went with this resort, what more is available with the Silver Deluxe, and would we really need it (a concierge)? We are having a difficult time deciding which is better for us. We would prefer less dining at buffets (seems like this point is for Cofresi, but I don't know about availability to reserve), pools (what are pool hours?), beaches, and plentiful drinks (variety and included alcohol) and activities (included as well as paid for). We do not necessarily plan to go off resort, although we are not opposed to it, and may rent a car to do some self-guided sightseeing. Which resort is nicer and has more options for people in their early 30's?
Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas snorkeling
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 6 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 7 Wedding Help!
- 8 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 9 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 10 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 11 Islands with great nightlife
- 12 month stay on a caribbean island
- 13 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 14 Where to stay on Vieques
- 15 Ferry to Rum Point
- 16 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 17 Family with infants/toddlers
- 18 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 19 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 20 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 21 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 22 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 25 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach