I will be in Puerto Rico for 4 days and will not be renting a car. I reserved the Gran Meler resort in Rio Grande because it was so beautiful and on the beach without first researching transportation options. I know the taxi ride from the airport will be expensive. I was wondering about using publc transportation to get from there to San Juan. I have done some research on this and the only thing The information I found so far said:
"In Puerto Rico, carros públicos ply set routes with several passengers sharing the ride and others picked up throughout the journey. The industry is regulated by the Puerto Rico Public Service Commission. While these cars do travel inter-city, they may not be available for longer, cross-island travel. Stations may exist in cities, and Puerto Rican carros públicos may congregate in specific places around town."
Does anyone have any information on this? Do they run from Rio Grande to San Juan? If they do, do they stop near the Gran Meler resort which is on Coco Beach Road?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://healthchatboard.com/virilax/
- 2 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 3 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 4 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 5 New Destination
- 6 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 Bahamas help
- 9 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 10 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 11 Vacation suggestion, please
- 12 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 13 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 14 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 15 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 16 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 17 aruba planning advice
- 18 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 19 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 20 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 21 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 22 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 23 Barbados Beaches
- 24 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 25 Peterson