I will be in Puerto Rico for 4 days and will not be renting a car. I reserved the Gran Meler resort in Rio Grande because it was so beautiful and on the beach without first researching transportation options. I know the taxi ride from the airport will be expensive. I was wondering about using publc transportation to get from there to San Juan. I have done some research on this and the only thing The information I found so far said:
"In Puerto Rico, carros públicos ply set routes with several passengers sharing the ride and others picked up throughout the journey. The industry is regulated by the Puerto Rico Public Service Commission. While these cars do travel inter-city, they may not be available for longer, cross-island travel. Stations may exist in cities, and Puerto Rican carros públicos may congregate in specific places around town."
Does anyone have any information on this? Do they run from Rio Grande to San Juan? If they do, do they stop near the Gran Meler resort which is on Coco Beach Road?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 2 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 3 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 4 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 7 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 8 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 9 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 Trouble booking hotels!
- 12 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 13 Airport transfer PUJ
- 14 Bahama's outer island
- 15 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 16 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 17 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 18 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 19 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 20 40 min layover in CLT
- 21 Atlantis 1 day
- 22 Atlantis on a budget
- 23 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 24 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 25 St. Barts