I will be in Puerto Rico for 4 days and will not be renting a car. I reserved the Gran Meler resort in Rio Grande because it was so beautiful and on the beach without first researching transportation options. I know the taxi ride from the airport will be expensive. I was wondering about using publc transportation to get from there to San Juan. I have done some research on this and the only thing The information I found so far said:
"In Puerto Rico, carros públicos ply set routes with several passengers sharing the ride and others picked up throughout the journey. The industry is regulated by the Puerto Rico Public Service Commission. While these cars do travel inter-city, they may not be available for longer, cross-island travel. Stations may exist in cities, and Puerto Rican carros públicos may congregate in specific places around town."
Does anyone have any information on this? Do they run from Rio Grande to San Juan? If they do, do they stop near the Gran Meler resort which is on Coco Beach Road?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 Ideal wedding island
- 3 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 4 Help with small wedding location
- 5 First time visitors
- 6 Help choosing next vacation??
- 7 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 8 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 9 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort