I will be in Puerto Rico for 4 days and will not be renting a car. I reserved the Gran Meler resort in Rio Grande because it was so beautiful and on the beach without first researching transportation options. I know the taxi ride from the airport will be expensive. I was wondering about using publc transportation to get from there to San Juan. I have done some research on this and the only thing The information I found so far said:
"In Puerto Rico, carros públicos ply set routes with several passengers sharing the ride and others picked up throughout the journey. The industry is regulated by the Puerto Rico Public Service Commission. While these cars do travel inter-city, they may not be available for longer, cross-island travel. Stations may exist in cities, and Puerto Rican carros públicos may congregate in specific places around town."
Does anyone have any information on this? Do they run from Rio Grande to San Juan? If they do, do they stop near the Gran Meler resort which is on Coco Beach Road?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?