My family in I are in the planning stages of a caribbean vacation. I will be in my second trimester of pregnancy so I am a little more prone to food born illness, etc. We are considering the following islands: Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Aruba. We considered Mexico (cancun or playa del carmen) but I am a little hesitant due to the water issue. We've been there before and last time I had a little GI upset and I didn't drink the water so maybe it was due to fruit that was washed there (or maybe not washed, who knows!). I know the resorts are supposed to have filtered water but I am still a little hesitant. That being said, are there any islands that the water is considered "safer". Or what precautions can I take other than strictly drinking bottled water? The things that I think of are fruit, ice, etc. We want the stereotypical turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean. We stayed in Riveria Maya last Caribbean vacation and were really disappointed with the beach since turtle grass was blooming. The ocean water was murky and yucky. Any tips, recommendations are appreciated! Thanks to all the more experienced travelers!
Pregnant & where can I drink the water & not be worried?
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 3 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 4 Bermuda Trip
- 5 quiet and relaxing
- 6 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 7 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 8 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 9 St.Thomas St. John
- 10 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 11 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 12 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 13 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 14 June vacation trip for guys
- 15 Which island to visit???
- 16 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 17 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 18 Honeymoon Help!
- 19 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 20 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 21 Grand Cayman
- 22 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 23 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 24 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 25 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines