I just wanted to let everyone know that my fiance and I have decided to keep our honeymoon on the island of St. Kitts. We are both looking forward to the unspoiled and untouristy virtues of the island. The rainforest and volcano are big hits for us (especially since we originally wanted Hawaii...too expensive). As September draws near, the more excited we are about our "unusual honeymoon destination" and enjoy explaining it to all who ask us! Our fears about going in September "hurrican season" were put to rest by our wonderful travel agent...Cheryl at Liberty Travel...who guided us in purchasing travel insurance and assured us that should a hurrican happen, we will be diverted to another island! She also state that our chances were greater of NOT having a hurricane than they were of having a hurricane! My advise to all other off season travellers is to have a good agent working for you and available should you have problems or questions (I have put mine through the mill will all of my paranoid questions throughout the months and she never gets aggrivated!)
Positively St. Kitts!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 2 St John March, where to stay
- 3 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 4 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 5 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 6 Cupecoy Beach
- 7 Tips for bahamas
- 8 Vacation Ideas
- 9 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 10 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 11 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 12 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 13 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 14 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 15 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 16 walkable hotels
- 17 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 18 Back from San Juan
- 19 St Thomas
- 20 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 21 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 22 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 23 Aruba Restaurants
- 24 Aruba Restaraunts
- 25 Car Rental Puerto Rico