I just wanted to let everyone know that my fiance and I have decided to keep our honeymoon on the island of St. Kitts. We are both looking forward to the unspoiled and untouristy virtues of the island. The rainforest and volcano are big hits for us (especially since we originally wanted Hawaii...too expensive). As September draws near, the more excited we are about our "unusual honeymoon destination" and enjoy explaining it to all who ask us! Our fears about going in September "hurrican season" were put to rest by our wonderful travel agent...Cheryl at Liberty Travel...who guided us in purchasing travel insurance and assured us that should a hurrican happen, we will be diverted to another island! She also state that our chances were greater of NOT having a hurricane than they were of having a hurricane! My advise to all other off season travellers is to have a good agent working for you and available should you have problems or questions (I have put mine through the mill will all of my paranoid questions throughout the months and she never gets aggrivated!)
Positively St. Kitts!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 2 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 3 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 4 Jamaica
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 8 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 9 Cuba Opening Up
- 10 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 11 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 12 Why Barbados?
- 13 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 14 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 15 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 16 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 18 Just back from The Somerset
- 19 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 20 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 21 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 22 Sandals Resorts
- 23 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 24 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 25 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!