I just wanted to let everyone know that my fiance and I have decided to keep our honeymoon on the island of St. Kitts. We are both looking forward to the unspoiled and untouristy virtues of the island. The rainforest and volcano are big hits for us (especially since we originally wanted Hawaii...too expensive). As September draws near, the more excited we are about our "unusual honeymoon destination" and enjoy explaining it to all who ask us! Our fears about going in September "hurrican season" were put to rest by our wonderful travel agent...Cheryl at Liberty Travel...who guided us in purchasing travel insurance and assured us that should a hurrican happen, we will be diverted to another island! She also state that our chances were greater of NOT having a hurricane than they were of having a hurricane! My advise to all other off season travellers is to have a good agent working for you and available should you have problems or questions (I have put mine through the mill will all of my paranoid questions throughout the months and she never gets aggrivated!)
Positively St. Kitts!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 3 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 6 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 9 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 10 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 11 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 12 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 Which island?
- 15 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 16 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 17 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 20 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 21 Turks and Caicos problems
- 22 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel
- 23 customs
- 24 Best Carribean Island Vacation for Non-Couples
- 25 Converting USD to EC currency