I just wanted to let everyone know that my fiance and I have decided to keep our honeymoon on the island of St. Kitts. We are both looking forward to the unspoiled and untouristy virtues of the island. The rainforest and volcano are big hits for us (especially since we originally wanted Hawaii...too expensive). As September draws near, the more excited we are about our "unusual honeymoon destination" and enjoy explaining it to all who ask us! Our fears about going in September "hurrican season" were put to rest by our wonderful travel agent...Cheryl at Liberty Travel...who guided us in purchasing travel insurance and assured us that should a hurrican happen, we will be diverted to another island! She also state that our chances were greater of NOT having a hurricane than they were of having a hurricane! My advise to all other off season travellers is to have a good agent working for you and available should you have problems or questions (I have put mine through the mill will all of my paranoid questions throughout the months and she never gets aggrivated!)
Positively St. Kitts!!!
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 5 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 6 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 7 Bahamas snorkeling
- 8 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 9 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 10 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 11 Wedding Help!
- 12 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 13 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 14 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 15 Islands with great nightlife
- 16 month stay on a caribbean island
- 17 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 18 Where to stay on Vieques
- 19 Ferry to Rum Point
- 20 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 21 Family with infants/toddlers
- 22 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 23 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 24 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 25 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary