My fiance and I are getting married on December 29, 2012, and we'd like to head off on our honeymoon the very next day. (Travel dates would be December 30, 2012 - January 6, 2013.)
Ideal requirements: *Warm/hot weather (comfortable swimming at beaches and pools), *safety (we can put our Kindles under a towel and go into the water without worrying about theft), *relative peace and quiet with some opportunities for fun if we get bored (bars, games, casino, etc.), and *nonstop flight (from Orlando). Budget is $3K - $4K.
After a TON of research, I realized this leaves Jamaica (into Montego Bay) and Mexico (into Cancun). The Bahamas don't seem to have a high-enough air and water temp at this time of year. There's a nonstop from Orlando to Aruba, but it's Saturdays only, and neither of us wants to go back to work for a week after the wedding.
My first instinct was Jamaica (Negril). However, because it's over a holiday (New Year's), a lot of affordable places with great reviews are already booked (Rockhouse, Tensing Pen, Sunset at the Palms, Citronella to name a few). So I'm down to: Coco La Palm, Couples Swept Away, Country Country, Bananas Shout, and Idle Awhile. Another option is Jake's in Treasure Beach, which looks AWESOME (and their guest services people have been fantastic!), but I'm worried about it not being a swimmable beach (and the drive isn't ideal, but I'm less worried about that). Any thoughts/warnings/suggestions?
I haven't really had time to look into Mexico, but I think Playa del Carmen and/or Riviera Maya could be fun for us, too (not really feeling the hotel zone of Cancun, though). We don't speak Spanish, however, and I'm not sure if that's a problem.
I would be extremely grateful for any and all opinions!
Please help! Winter honeymoon in Jamaica or Mexico?
- 1 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 2 Trip Report of the Bahamas 7/1 - 7/6/12
- 3 I WAS STOLEN BY A STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK OF ATLANTIS ROYAL TOWERS!!!
- 4 First timers going to Nassau, Bahamas - need help!
- 5 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 6 St.Thomas St. John
- 7 Which island to visit???
- 8 June vacation trip for guys
- 9 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 10 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 11 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 12 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 13 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 14 Honeymoon Help!
- 15 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 16 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 17 Grand Cayman
- 18 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 19 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 20 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 21 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 22 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 23 quiet and relaxing
- 24 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 25 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!