My fiance and I are getting married on December 29, 2012, and we'd like to head off on our honeymoon the very next day. (Travel dates would be December 30, 2012 - January 6, 2013.)
Ideal requirements: *Warm/hot weather (comfortable swimming at beaches and pools), *safety (we can put our Kindles under a towel and go into the water without worrying about theft), *relative peace and quiet with some opportunities for fun if we get bored (bars, games, casino, etc.), and *nonstop flight (from Orlando). Budget is $3K - $4K.
After a TON of research, I realized this leaves Jamaica (into Montego Bay) and Mexico (into Cancun). The Bahamas don't seem to have a high-enough air and water temp at this time of year. There's a nonstop from Orlando to Aruba, but it's Saturdays only, and neither of us wants to go back to work for a week after the wedding.
My first instinct was Jamaica (Negril). However, because it's over a holiday (New Year's), a lot of affordable places with great reviews are already booked (Rockhouse, Tensing Pen, Sunset at the Palms, Citronella to name a few). So I'm down to: Coco La Palm, Couples Swept Away, Country Country, Bananas Shout, and Idle Awhile. Another option is Jake's in Treasure Beach, which looks AWESOME (and their guest services people have been fantastic!), but I'm worried about it not being a swimmable beach (and the drive isn't ideal, but I'm less worried about that). Any thoughts/warnings/suggestions?
I haven't really had time to look into Mexico, but I think Playa del Carmen and/or Riviera Maya could be fun for us, too (not really feeling the hotel zone of Cancun, though). We don't speak Spanish, however, and I'm not sure if that's a problem.
I would be extremely grateful for any and all opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 켑틴프라이드 릴게임 卍접속:【kss998.com】卍
- 2 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 3 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 4 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 5 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 6 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 7 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 8 5 days in Havana
- 9 PR or USVI
- 10 Which Caribbean island?
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 12 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 15 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 16 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 17 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 Scrub Island Resort
- 20 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 21 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 22 Wedding Destinations???
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11