After all the research and going back and forth on destinations, my fiance and I have picked St. Lucia for our 6 day honeymoon vacation in the last week of June. Now comes building the itinerary part and I have heard some really awesome things about this island. I have been once before to the Caribbean (Puerto Rico) with friends before i got engaged and it was an experience I will never forget!
However, the theme of this trip is completely different..couple things we like to do are chillin out on the beaches, little bit of water activities (snorkeling, boat trips, ferry rides, etc) but not too much..we are big foodies and love to try different cuisines. The general idea is to relax, mix in with the local culture and cuisines. Also, need help on the accommodation..read a lot of things here and there but essentially we are looking for affordable and clean hotels/resort places preferably on the beach with some amount of privacy, awesome views of the water and the mountains..something honeymoooni (if u know wt i mean ) ....although we wont be spending all the time in there since we plan to rent out a car for the entire trip...exploring and driving around is another passion we share!
Also I was wondering if there is island hopping (maybe Martinique or St. Vincent) that we can include in our trip...
Please help me build my 6 days/ 7 nights itinerary...!!
Planning Honeymoon in St. Lucia
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 5 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 6 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John