I am currently working on planning a honeymoon over the Thanksgiving holiday (from 11/24 to 12/1). I am a teacher, so we originally planned to honeymoon over my Winter Break. However, when I saw how much lower the rates were over Thanksgiving, it seemed like a no-brainer! It will allow us to stay at a much nicer resort than we could have over Christmas/New Years.
I have never traveled over Thanksgiving and I am a bit concerned about the weather in the Caribbean. Will the weather be dismal and rainy? Any insight from people who have traveled in the Caribbean over Thanksgiving would be fabulous. . A few of the resorts that are on my "maybe" list are: Curtain Bluff in Antigua, Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort in Aruba, Seven Stars and Windsong in Turks and Caicos. This is not an exhaustive list, but gives you an idea of what we like/price point. I'm looking for a beautiful and luxurious property, but don't want anything too trendy or buttoned up.
As a backup, I looked at a few resorts in Mexico. Capella Ixtapa and Viceroy Zijuataneho have great rates that week and both look beautiful. I've been to Mexico a number of times, and preferred to do something a bit different for our honeymoon. However, if the weather will be appreciably better in Mexico, it seems worthwhile. Additionally, in my experience, food costs at resorts in Mexico are much lower than those at similar resorts in the Caribbean. My fiance hasn't done much travel in the Caribbean/Mexico and I don't want him to get sticker shock the first night he looks at a restaurant menu.
Any insight would be fabulous! Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 3 BVI trip questions
- 4 Curaçao and girls?
- 5 Small Carribean Hotel
- 6 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 7 Punta Cana Excursions
- 8 customs questions
- 9 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 10 Nassau Bahamas
- 11 Biking in Caribbean
- 12 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 13 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 14 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 15 Help with how long on each island.
- 16 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 17 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 18 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 19 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 20 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 21 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 22 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 23 Hiking in St. John
- 24 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 25 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?