I am currently working on planning a honeymoon over the Thanksgiving holiday (from 11/24 to 12/1). I am a teacher, so we originally planned to honeymoon over my Winter Break. However, when I saw how much lower the rates were over Thanksgiving, it seemed like a no-brainer! It will allow us to stay at a much nicer resort than we could have over Christmas/New Years.
I have never traveled over Thanksgiving and I am a bit concerned about the weather in the Caribbean. Will the weather be dismal and rainy? Any insight from people who have traveled in the Caribbean over Thanksgiving would be fabulous. . A few of the resorts that are on my "maybe" list are: Curtain Bluff in Antigua, Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort in Aruba, Seven Stars and Windsong in Turks and Caicos. This is not an exhaustive list, but gives you an idea of what we like/price point. I'm looking for a beautiful and luxurious property, but don't want anything too trendy or buttoned up.
As a backup, I looked at a few resorts in Mexico. Capella Ixtapa and Viceroy Zijuataneho have great rates that week and both look beautiful. I've been to Mexico a number of times, and preferred to do something a bit different for our honeymoon. However, if the weather will be appreciably better in Mexico, it seems worthwhile. Additionally, in my experience, food costs at resorts in Mexico are much lower than those at similar resorts in the Caribbean. My fiance hasn't done much travel in the Caribbean/Mexico and I don't want him to get sticker shock the first night he looks at a restaurant menu.
Any insight would be fabulous! Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 30th anniversary trip
- 2 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 3 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 4 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 5 Bermuda in February or March
- 6 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 7 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 8 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 9 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 10 Safest Islands for Us?
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 13 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 16 Narrowing it down
- 17 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 18 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 19 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 20 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 21 Destination Wedding
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 24 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 25 barbados vs. Bonaire
Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?