I need recommendations about the place to stay in Curacao. My husband and son will be diving, and I will be snorkeling there. They are newbies and don't have their own diving equipment yet, so they will dive with someone from the dive shop.
I might be completely wrong, but I got an impression that the area east of Willemstad is good for new divers (they need something easy and relatively shallow - up to 60 feet). People are speaking really well about the Dive Bus, and now I have to decide: stay somewhere close to them, or stay more west where there are nicer beaches and less people.
All of us are not big fans of large crowd, and the nightlife and restaurants are not appealing either. I'm planning to rent a bungalow or apartment with kitchen, and a car. So could you please help me to decide if the location of The Dive Bus out-weights the benefits of the west side of the island. Are there other good diving companies you can recommend?
In other words - where would you recommend to stay and dive for easy shallow diving (and snorkeling for me), and what company do you recommend to dive with?
Our budget is not very tight, but I wouldn't mind to save some money
I appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 3 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 4 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 5 Cuba Help
- 6 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 7 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 8 Living in the Caribbean
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 11 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 12 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 13 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 14 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 15 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 18 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 19 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 20 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 21 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 22 St. Croix
- 23 St Kitts & Irma
- 24 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 25 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?