I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 When to go to El Yunque
- 2 Honeymoon Advice
- 3 My New Life !
- 4 SAFE and ACTIVE
- 5 Travel buddy
- 6 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 7 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 8 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 9 Cuba
- 10 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 11 Jamaica
- 12 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 13 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 16 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 17 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 18 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 19 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 20 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 21 Conference in Cuba in February
- 22 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 23 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 24 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 25 Small boat excursion