I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Creative: yahoo Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 yahoo MAL 24*7
- 2 Havana
- 3 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 4 Barbados-how about this place?
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 11 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 12 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 13 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 18 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 19 PR or USVI
- 20 Havana Hotel
- 21 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 24 Cayman Islands Currency
- 25 Virgin Gorda BVI