I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 3 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 4 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 5 Cuba Help
- 6 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 7 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 8 Living in the Caribbean
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 11 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 12 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 13 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 14 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 15 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 18 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 19 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 20 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 21 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 22 St. Croix
- 23 St Kitts & Irma
- 24 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 25 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?