I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Days in Dominica
- 2 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 3 Anniversary Trip Options
- 4 Island with golf
- 5 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 6 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 7 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 8 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 9 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 10 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 11 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 12 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 13 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 14 Choosing an island
- 15 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 16 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 17 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
- 18 cabarete, dominican republic
- 19 First time Santo Domingo
- 20 20th anniversary
- 21 St. Bart's
- 22 Bahamas girls trip
- 23 Advice on choosing an island...
- 24 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 25 American Express Card in Bermuda