I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 heart troubles and fights back tension
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Curaçao and girls?
- 4 Small Carribean Hotel
- 5 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 6 Punta Cana Excursions
- 7 customs questions
- 8 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 9 Nassau Bahamas
- 10 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 11 Biking in Caribbean
- 12 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 13 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 14 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 15 Help with how long on each island.
- 16 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 17 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 18 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 19 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 20 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 21 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 22 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 23 Hiking in St. John
- 24 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 25 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018