I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 West Coast US and Carribean
- 2 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 3 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 4 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 5 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 6 Resort Recommendations
- 7 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 8 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 9 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 10 Tour Operator?
- 11 Travel Advice Needed
- 12 Puerto Plata
- 13 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 14 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 15 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 16 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 17 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 18 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 19 Transportation to Exuma
- 20 Nassau temp late Jan
- 21 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 22 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 23 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 24 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 25 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae