I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.muscle4power.com/max-testo-xl/
- 2 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 3 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 6 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 7 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 8 Evening temperatures
- 9 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 10 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 11 50th Birthday with Family
- 12 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 13 Birthday Celebration
- 14 DR - All inclusive
- 15 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 16 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 17 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 18 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 19 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 20 Late May Trip
- 21 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 22 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Cheers to Beers!
- 25 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G