My fiance and I have begun our honeymoon search for June, 2015. We have gone in so many circles that we are more confused than when we began, so we are searching for advice from seasoned travelers! Here is what we are looking for ideally:
-We live in San Francisco, CA, so we have decided on the Caribbean as we don't want the flight to cost a majority of our budget, and we don't want to be traveling too long.
-We are looking for a beach front resort, and would prefer if the resort had beachfront cottages or bungalows (which I know is hard to find). We are less intrigued by large oversized resorts with crowds and lots of families. Looking more for a more secluded and couples-friendly, romantic beach setting.
-All-inclusive resorts are ok with us, actually. But we would love if there was the option to walk to a little town with a few other bars or restaurants, or even better we would love if we could meander down the beach and find a few beachside restaurants. While we will spend a lot of time together lounging at our hotel and on the beach, we do get restless and want to explore a bit.
-Good snorkeling from the beach is a must! We are hoping for calm clear waters where we can swim or snorkel. My fiance's favorite hobby!
-We are looking at a budget of about $3,000-$3,500 each including flight with a minimum 10 night stay.
Thank you so much in advance for any of your great advice! We are so excited to hear from you and continue our search. Thank you for being a part of our honeymoon planning!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jerk Chicken
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 4 First trip to St. Martin
- 5 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 6 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 7 Hotel ideas needed
- 8 St.Lucia newbie
- 9 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 10 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities