My fiance and I have begun our honeymoon search for June, 2015. We have gone in so many circles that we are more confused than when we began, so we are searching for advice from seasoned travelers! Here is what we are looking for ideally:
-We live in San Francisco, CA, so we have decided on the Caribbean as we don't want the flight to cost a majority of our budget, and we don't want to be traveling too long.
-We are looking for a beach front resort, and would prefer if the resort had beachfront cottages or bungalows (which I know is hard to find). We are less intrigued by large oversized resorts with crowds and lots of families. Looking more for a more secluded and couples-friendly, romantic beach setting.
-All-inclusive resorts are ok with us, actually. But we would love if there was the option to walk to a little town with a few other bars or restaurants, or even better we would love if we could meander down the beach and find a few beachside restaurants. While we will spend a lot of time together lounging at our hotel and on the beach, we do get restless and want to explore a bit.
-Good snorkeling from the beach is a must! We are hoping for calm clear waters where we can swim or snorkel. My fiance's favorite hobby!
-We are looking at a budget of about $3,000-$3,500 each including flight with a minimum 10 night stay.
Thank you so much in advance for any of your great advice! We are so excited to hear from you and continue our search. Thank you for being a part of our honeymoon planning!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Birthday Celebration
- 2 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 3 DR - All inclusive
- 4 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 5 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 6 Cuba in November
- 7 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 8 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 9 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 10 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 11 Late May Trip
- 12 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 13 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Cheers to Beers!
- 16 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 17 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 18 New Years Eve / St John
- 19 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 20 Island Choice
- 21 Aruba Car Rental
- 22 If we loved Cayman...
- 23 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 24 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 25 For the bluest water and whitest sand?