My fiance and I have begun our honeymoon search for June, 2015. We have gone in so many circles that we are more confused than when we began, so we are searching for advice from seasoned travelers! Here is what we are looking for ideally:
-We live in San Francisco, CA, so we have decided on the Caribbean as we don't want the flight to cost a majority of our budget, and we don't want to be traveling too long.
-We are looking for a beach front resort, and would prefer if the resort had beachfront cottages or bungalows (which I know is hard to find). We are less intrigued by large oversized resorts with crowds and lots of families. Looking more for a more secluded and couples-friendly, romantic beach setting.
-All-inclusive resorts are ok with us, actually. But we would love if there was the option to walk to a little town with a few other bars or restaurants, or even better we would love if we could meander down the beach and find a few beachside restaurants. While we will spend a lot of time together lounging at our hotel and on the beach, we do get restless and want to explore a bit.
-Good snorkeling from the beach is a must! We are hoping for calm clear waters where we can swim or snorkel. My fiance's favorite hobby!
-We are looking at a budget of about $3,000-$3,500 each including flight with a minimum 10 night stay.
Thank you so much in advance for any of your great advice! We are so excited to hear from you and continue our search. Thank you for being a part of our honeymoon planning!
Perfect Caribbean Honeymoon Search
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 2 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 3 Antigua or St Martin
- 4 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 5 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 6 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 7 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 8 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 9 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 10 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 11 St. Croix and sea grass
- 12 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 13 montego bay
- 14 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 15 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 16 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 17 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 18 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 19 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 20 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 21 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 22 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 23 Get info about weather.
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Logistics of getting to Anguilla