My fiance and I have begun our honeymoon search for June, 2015. We have gone in so many circles that we are more confused than when we began, so we are searching for advice from seasoned travelers! Here is what we are looking for ideally:
-We live in San Francisco, CA, so we have decided on the Caribbean as we don't want the flight to cost a majority of our budget, and we don't want to be traveling too long.
-We are looking for a beach front resort, and would prefer if the resort had beachfront cottages or bungalows (which I know is hard to find). We are less intrigued by large oversized resorts with crowds and lots of families. Looking more for a more secluded and couples-friendly, romantic beach setting.
-All-inclusive resorts are ok with us, actually. But we would love if there was the option to walk to a little town with a few other bars or restaurants, or even better we would love if we could meander down the beach and find a few beachside restaurants. While we will spend a lot of time together lounging at our hotel and on the beach, we do get restless and want to explore a bit.
-Good snorkeling from the beach is a must! We are hoping for calm clear waters where we can swim or snorkel. My fiance's favorite hobby!
-We are looking at a budget of about $3,000-$3,500 each including flight with a minimum 10 night stay.
Thank you so much in advance for any of your great advice! We are so excited to hear from you and continue our search. Thank you for being a part of our honeymoon planning!
Perfect Caribbean Honeymoon Search
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???