My fiance and I have begun our honeymoon search for June, 2015. We have gone in so many circles that we are more confused than when we began, so we are searching for advice from seasoned travelers! Here is what we are looking for ideally:
-We live in San Francisco, CA, so we have decided on the Caribbean as we don't want the flight to cost a majority of our budget, and we don't want to be traveling too long.
-We are looking for a beach front resort, and would prefer if the resort had beachfront cottages or bungalows (which I know is hard to find). We are less intrigued by large oversized resorts with crowds and lots of families. Looking more for a more secluded and couples-friendly, romantic beach setting.
-All-inclusive resorts are ok with us, actually. But we would love if there was the option to walk to a little town with a few other bars or restaurants, or even better we would love if we could meander down the beach and find a few beachside restaurants. While we will spend a lot of time together lounging at our hotel and on the beach, we do get restless and want to explore a bit.
-Good snorkeling from the beach is a must! We are hoping for calm clear waters where we can swim or snorkel. My fiance's favorite hobby!
-We are looking at a budget of about $3,000-$3,500 each including flight with a minimum 10 night stay.
Thank you so much in advance for any of your great advice! We are so excited to hear from you and continue our search. Thank you for being a part of our honeymoon planning!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Maarten with older teens
- 2 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 3 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 4 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 5 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 6 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 7 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 8 Looking for destination suggestions
- 9 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 10 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 11 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 12 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 13 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 14 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 15 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 16 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 17 Any suggestions??
- 18 Gustavia stay
- 19 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 20 My week in Guadeloupe
- 21 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 22 Which Island?
- 23 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 24 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 25 Freeport, Bahamas