Please help me pick a destination. I am looking for an island getaway in mid-May, for a couple. We like quiet, private and beautiful. Easy access to good snorkeling is key, but we are not snorkel snobs. We also like to hike and bike. We will be flying out of Toronto, Ontario, and want to keep our budget for a week to between $5,000 and $6,000, including airfare, meals, transfers, etc. We are looking at St Lucia (Ti Kaye), St John USVI (renting a villa), Tortola (villa or Long Bay resort), and Turks & Caicos (no idea). St Lucia is beautiful, but tough (and therefore expensive) to get around. St John is beautiful, but must rent a vehicle and we're a little freaked out by the driving on the left thing. Not sure if the snorkeling on Tortola will be good. Concerned that T&C will end up being too expensive. We need help!
Overwhelmed by choices
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 3 Tipping at AI
- 4 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?