Please help me pick a destination. I am looking for an island getaway in mid-May, for a couple. We like quiet, private and beautiful. Easy access to good snorkeling is key, but we are not snorkel snobs. We also like to hike and bike. We will be flying out of Toronto, Ontario, and want to keep our budget for a week to between $5,000 and $6,000, including airfare, meals, transfers, etc. We are looking at St Lucia (Ti Kaye), St John USVI (renting a villa), Tortola (villa or Long Bay resort), and Turks & Caicos (no idea). St Lucia is beautiful, but tough (and therefore expensive) to get around. St John is beautiful, but must rent a vehicle and we're a little freaked out by the driving on the left thing. Not sure if the snorkeling on Tortola will be good. Concerned that T&C will end up being too expensive. We need help!
Overwhelmed by choices
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 2 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 3 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 6 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 7 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 8 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 9 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 10 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 11 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 12 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 17 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 18 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 19 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 20 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 21 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 22 Which island?
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 25 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John