Please help me pick a destination. I am looking for an island getaway in mid-May, for a couple. We like quiet, private and beautiful. Easy access to good snorkeling is key, but we are not snorkel snobs. We also like to hike and bike. We will be flying out of Toronto, Ontario, and want to keep our budget for a week to between $5,000 and $6,000, including airfare, meals, transfers, etc. We are looking at St Lucia (Ti Kaye), St John USVI (renting a villa), Tortola (villa or Long Bay resort), and Turks & Caicos (no idea). St Lucia is beautiful, but tough (and therefore expensive) to get around. St John is beautiful, but must rent a vehicle and we're a little freaked out by the driving on the left thing. Not sure if the snorkeling on Tortola will be good. Concerned that T&C will end up being too expensive. We need help!
Overwhelmed by choices
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???