I have read many messages, mostly negative about how tourists are treated by the locals on this island. We had one day in port and I must say our experiences were just the opposite. Granted we encountered only 4 or 5 people but all were polite including 2 cab drivers, one of whom was positively bubbly, and several sales girls who all were quick to smile and share laughter. Aside from that this is a very beautiful island, indeed the prettiest in the Caribbean we have seen with a rain forest that will captivate you.
Our experience in Martinique
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 2 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 3 Too many choices.....
- 4 Best Island for Me?
- 5 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 6 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 7 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 8 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 9 Cuba with Gate 1
- 10 Anguilla stay?
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 13 Back from San Juan
- 14 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 15 San Juan Airport
- 16 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 17 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 18 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Storm ?
- 21 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 22 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 23 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 24 Kristen- where are you?????
- 25 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????