Saint Martin - Orient Beach
We vacationed at Orient Beach in March 2010.
Alamanda Resort :
First off - 95% of the reviews for the Alamanda have some degree of accuracy. If you are looking for the Ritz or even a nice Hilton - this is not it. We stayed in the Presidential Suite which I would think is the nicest room in the hotel.
First impressions - wow - nice big living area and the view - not spectacular but pretty darn good if you know Orient Beach. The wrap around balcony overlooked the pool and dirt road that you must cross to get to the beach. Not the ugly gravel road described in some reviews.
More on the room - appreciate the view and you will be fine. The bed was hard, the bathroom - well - lets say I spent very little time in there. The door was hard to lock and open but aside from that it was fine.
The pool was ordinary and boring. they need to set up a pool bar bad!
Breakfast was free and the coffee and fresh fruit were perfect.
Location - Orient Village - Need beer or wine - its a 5 minute walk thru the village. Very convenient.
Staff - mostly friendly - some indifferent. Tiffanie was sensational however.
Beach - awesome. Go to Baywatch (Cheryl and Andy's). Went there for a seafood omlette the first day. None on the menu so Andy came up with a recipe - simply great. Named it after us and put it on the menu - tooo funny!
Beach chairs - add $15 times the number of days you stay and add to your budget. Don't try getting the free Alamanda chairs. They put you in the second row at best and Karl is a jackass!
Walk around and try different parts of the beach.
END OF PART ONE - MORE TO FOLLOW
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.muscle4power.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 2 abundance fat, or just greens, modest parts, a ton of nourishments
- 3 when to visit barbados
- 4 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 5 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 6 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 7 Help on choosing where to visit
- 8 40th birthday with friends
- 9 which island?
- 10 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 11 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 12 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 13 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 14 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 15 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 16 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 17 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 18 Cuba in November
- 19 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 20 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 21 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 22 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 23 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 24 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 25 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
Saint Martin - Orient Beach