Saint Martin - Orient Beach
We vacationed at Orient Beach in March 2010.
Alamanda Resort :
First off - 95% of the reviews for the Alamanda have some degree of accuracy. If you are looking for the Ritz or even a nice Hilton - this is not it. We stayed in the Presidential Suite which I would think is the nicest room in the hotel.
First impressions - wow - nice big living area and the view - not spectacular but pretty darn good if you know Orient Beach. The wrap around balcony overlooked the pool and dirt road that you must cross to get to the beach. Not the ugly gravel road described in some reviews.
More on the room - appreciate the view and you will be fine. The bed was hard, the bathroom - well - lets say I spent very little time in there. The door was hard to lock and open but aside from that it was fine.
The pool was ordinary and boring. they need to set up a pool bar bad!
Breakfast was free and the coffee and fresh fruit were perfect.
Location - Orient Village - Need beer or wine - its a 5 minute walk thru the village. Very convenient.
Staff - mostly friendly - some indifferent. Tiffanie was sensational however.
Beach - awesome. Go to Baywatch (Cheryl and Andy's). Went there for a seafood omlette the first day. None on the menu so Andy came up with a recipe - simply great. Named it after us and put it on the menu - tooo funny!
Beach chairs - add $15 times the number of days you stay and add to your budget. Don't try getting the free Alamanda chairs. They put you in the second row at best and Karl is a jackass!
Walk around and try different parts of the beach.
END OF PART ONE - MORE TO FOLLOW
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.datingtous.com/fubar-drunk-dating/
- 2 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 5 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 6 Ideal wedding island
- 7 Help with small wedding location
- 8 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 9 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 10 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 11 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
Saint Martin - Orient Beach