Saint Martin - Orient Beach
We vacationed at Orient Beach in March 2010.
Alamanda Resort :
First off - 95% of the reviews for the Alamanda have some degree of accuracy. If you are looking for the Ritz or even a nice Hilton - this is not it. We stayed in the Presidential Suite which I would think is the nicest room in the hotel.
First impressions - wow - nice big living area and the view - not spectacular but pretty darn good if you know Orient Beach. The wrap around balcony overlooked the pool and dirt road that you must cross to get to the beach. Not the ugly gravel road described in some reviews.
More on the room - appreciate the view and you will be fine. The bed was hard, the bathroom - well - lets say I spent very little time in there. The door was hard to lock and open but aside from that it was fine.
The pool was ordinary and boring. they need to set up a pool bar bad!
Breakfast was free and the coffee and fresh fruit were perfect.
Location - Orient Village - Need beer or wine - its a 5 minute walk thru the village. Very convenient.
Staff - mostly friendly - some indifferent. Tiffanie was sensational however.
Beach - awesome. Go to Baywatch (Cheryl and Andy's). Went there for a seafood omlette the first day. None on the menu so Andy came up with a recipe - simply great. Named it after us and put it on the menu - tooo funny!
Beach chairs - add $15 times the number of days you stay and add to your budget. Don't try getting the free Alamanda chairs. They put you in the second row at best and Karl is a jackass!
Walk around and try different parts of the beach.
END OF PART ONE - MORE TO FOLLOW
Saint Martin - Orient Beach
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica