Saint Martin - Orient Beach
We vacationed at Orient Beach in March 2010.
Alamanda Resort :
First off - 95% of the reviews for the Alamanda have some degree of accuracy. If you are looking for the Ritz or even a nice Hilton - this is not it. We stayed in the Presidential Suite which I would think is the nicest room in the hotel.
First impressions - wow - nice big living area and the view - not spectacular but pretty darn good if you know Orient Beach. The wrap around balcony overlooked the pool and dirt road that you must cross to get to the beach. Not the ugly gravel road described in some reviews.
More on the room - appreciate the view and you will be fine. The bed was hard, the bathroom - well - lets say I spent very little time in there. The door was hard to lock and open but aside from that it was fine.
The pool was ordinary and boring. they need to set up a pool bar bad!
Breakfast was free and the coffee and fresh fruit were perfect.
Location - Orient Village - Need beer or wine - its a 5 minute walk thru the village. Very convenient.
Staff - mostly friendly - some indifferent. Tiffanie was sensational however.
Beach - awesome. Go to Baywatch (Cheryl and Andy's). Went there for a seafood omlette the first day. None on the menu so Andy came up with a recipe - simply great. Named it after us and put it on the menu - tooo funny!
Beach chairs - add $15 times the number of days you stay and add to your budget. Don't try getting the free Alamanda chairs. They put you in the second row at best and Karl is a jackass!
Walk around and try different parts of the beach.
END OF PART ONE - MORE TO FOLLOW
Saint Martin - Orient Beach
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?