I am contemplating taking a family vacation (with two little ones - 2 and 4) to Grand Cayman in Feb/March. The cheapest direct flights require a Sat-Sat stay. We will probably rent a condo, so that works well, but I was hoping to avoid renting a car so we can travel without lugging the kids' car seats, especially since most of what we will do is enjoy the beach. I think I am OK with not having car seats to/from the airport, but given how long we will be there, I am thinking we will want to get out from the condo at least once or twice. So my questions are: where to stay that's within walking distance of some shops and restautants? Is the public transport on the island any good? Safe? Is it large city buses, or little jitney vans? What about paid excursions? What kind of transportation would those provide?
One week on 7 mile beach with no car?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Islands with great nightlife
- 4 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 5 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 6 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 7 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 10 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 11 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 12 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 13 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 14 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 15 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 16 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 17 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 18 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 19 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 20 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 21 Beaches Turks question
- 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 23 Curacao - where to stay
- 24 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 25 May Honeymoon