I am contemplating taking a family vacation (with two little ones - 2 and 4) to Grand Cayman in Feb/March. The cheapest direct flights require a Sat-Sat stay. We will probably rent a condo, so that works well, but I was hoping to avoid renting a car so we can travel without lugging the kids' car seats, especially since most of what we will do is enjoy the beach. I think I am OK with not having car seats to/from the airport, but given how long we will be there, I am thinking we will want to get out from the condo at least once or twice. So my questions are: where to stay that's within walking distance of some shops and restautants? Is the public transport on the island any good? Safe? Is it large city buses, or little jitney vans? What about paid excursions? What kind of transportation would those provide?
One week on 7 mile beach with no car?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 4 Antigua or St Martin
- 5 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 6 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 7 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 8 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 9 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 10 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 11 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 12 St. Croix and sea grass
- 13 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 14 montego bay
- 15 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 16 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 17 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 18 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 19 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 20 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 21 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 22 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 23 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 24 Get info about weather.
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous