I am contemplating taking a family vacation (with two little ones - 2 and 4) to Grand Cayman in Feb/March. The cheapest direct flights require a Sat-Sat stay. We will probably rent a condo, so that works well, but I was hoping to avoid renting a car so we can travel without lugging the kids' car seats, especially since most of what we will do is enjoy the beach. I think I am OK with not having car seats to/from the airport, but given how long we will be there, I am thinking we will want to get out from the condo at least once or twice. So my questions are: where to stay that's within walking distance of some shops and restautants? Is the public transport on the island any good? Safe? Is it large city buses, or little jitney vans? What about paid excursions? What kind of transportation would those provide?
One week on 7 mile beach with no car?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 AI in Punta Cana
- 5 ATLANTIS lately?
- 6 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7