We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cubarinking water?
- 2 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 3 First time to PR
- 4 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 5 Catamaran in BVI Bareboat 12 nights
- 6 No rain in June PLEASE
- 7 Family vacation for divers
- 8 Cuba
- 9 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 10 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 11 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 12 Island recommendation
- 13 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 14 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 15 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 16 Can I take alcohol?
- 17 Scrub Island Resort
- 18 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 19 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 20 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 21 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 22 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 23 Island advice plz!
- 24 St. John Trip Report
- 25 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip