We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 3 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 4 Tortola next week
- 5 Summer trip
- 6 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 DR vs. Mexico
- 9 Surf Fly Fishing
- 10 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 Christmas 2017
- 13 Honeymoon Help!!
- 14 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 15 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 16 All inclusive
- 17 BVI trip questions
- 18 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 19 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 20 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 21 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 22 family resort ideas?
- 23 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 24 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 25 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?