We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best child-friendly resort in the Caribbean?
- 2 when to visit barbados
- 3 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 4 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 5 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 6 Help on choosing where to visit
- 7 40th birthday with friends
- 8 which island?
- 9 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 10 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 11 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 12 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 13 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 14 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 15 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 16 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 17 Cuba in November
- 18 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 19 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 20 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 21 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 22 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 23 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 24 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 25 Tennis in Aruba question