We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
One week in PR - Help needed. SJ and Vieques??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destination
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 4 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 5 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 6 shore excursions
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 9 just be careful
- 10 Restaurants in Aruba
- 11 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 14 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 15 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 16 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 17 Bahamas girls trip
- 18 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 19 Safe for Family
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 22 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 23 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 24 Curacao vs Barbados
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba