We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 2 Santo domingo airport to Bayahibe- transportation help!
- 3 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 4 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 5 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 6 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 7 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 8 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 9 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 10 Where in DR?
- 11 Honeymoon
- 12 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 13 Curacao times 2
- 14 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 15 Barbados
- 16 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 17 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 18 Help with August trip ideas
- 19 Airport transfer PUJ
- 20 We may not be going to Cuba after all
- 21 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 22 New Vacation Advice
- 23 US Virgin Islands
- 24 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 25 Looking for a Great AI Resort and interesting island