We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 2 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 3 Hotel ideas needed
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 St.Lucia newbie
- 6 Jerk Chicken
- 7 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 8 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 9 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 10 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 11 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 12 aruba fun!!!
- 13 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 14 Peterson
- 15 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 16 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 17 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 18 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 19 Turks and caicos
- 20 Aruba weather
- 21 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 22 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 23 Turks and caicos
- 24 Cruise stop activities
- 25 Choosing an island for summer vacation