We are thinking of heading to PR in April with our son, who will be around 2 at that time. We only have a week, so we were thinking of just picking two base locations and daytripping, etc. from there.
My first thought was to have 3-4 nights in San Juan and the remaining time on Vieques, but I was hoping for some feedback on that. Is that too much or not enough time? Is there enough to do to keep us occupied on Vieques for several days? Is there another logical base that you would recommend?
By way of background, we're pretty extensive international travelers, including my son - we just got back from a two week trip to Turkey and he loved it! We tend to stay in B&B type places, like adventures and outdoor excursions, and can only tolerate a day or two of just total beach relaxing. That being said, we do recognize the limitations of traveling with our little one (zip lining or sea kayaking probably not in the cards for another few years).
Any advice will be warmly welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for destination suggestions
- 2 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 3 Charter of a yacht
- 4 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 5 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 6 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 9 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 10 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 11 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 12 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 13 Any suggestions??
- 14 Gustavia stay
- 15 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 16 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 17 My week in Guadeloupe
- 18 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 19 Which Island?
- 20 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 21 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 22 Freeport, Bahamas
- 23 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 24 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 25 Freeport Hotel