I am planning a trip for my 40th birthday to the Caribbean and I'm having a hard time choosing an island. Friends keep recommending St. Barts. I want: peace and quiet (relaxed atmosphere with fewer tourists), gorgeous white sand beaches and calm clear turquoise water I can just float in all day, private villa w/ pool or quiet lovely hotel on the beach, friendly people, clean and safe surroundings. What would you recommend?
One vacation, so many islands..
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destination
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 4 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 5 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 6 shore excursions
- 7 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 8 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 9 just be careful
- 10 Restaurants in Aruba
- 11 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 14 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 15 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 16 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 17 Bahamas girls trip
- 18 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 19 Safe for Family
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 22 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 23 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 24 Curacao vs Barbados
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba