I'll be in St Thomas on a cruise ship in January with my husband & 2 kids, ages 3 & 4. We're looking for some ideas as to what to do as none of the cruise excursions really appeal to us. We'd love to do either a sailboat trip which would be appropriate with the kids or just go to a nice beach for the day. We've been to St JOhn several times on vacation so we are just considering taking the ferry over there for the day and maybe going to Hawksnest. I think that would be very doable on our own but I just want to make sure we'd have enough time for the taxis & ferries & all that. Do you know where can I find a ferry schedule on line? Are there any beaches on St Thomas that are just as nice so we could avoid the whole ferry thing with the kids. Facailities would be nice (esp food), but not mandatory. My husband hates crowds so we'd love to go somewhere that all the other cruise passengers won't be at. Thanks for your suggestions!
One day on St Thomas- what to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 4 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 7 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 8 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 9 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 10 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 15 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 16 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 17 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 18 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 19 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 20 Which island?
- 21 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 22 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 23 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 24 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 25 Crime in Providenciales TCI