I'll be in St Thomas on a cruise ship in January with my husband & 2 kids, ages 3 & 4. We're looking for some ideas as to what to do as none of the cruise excursions really appeal to us. We'd love to do either a sailboat trip which would be appropriate with the kids or just go to a nice beach for the day. We've been to St JOhn several times on vacation so we are just considering taking the ferry over there for the day and maybe going to Hawksnest. I think that would be very doable on our own but I just want to make sure we'd have enough time for the taxis & ferries & all that. Do you know where can I find a ferry schedule on line? Are there any beaches on St Thomas that are just as nice so we could avoid the whole ferry thing with the kids. Facailities would be nice (esp food), but not mandatory. My husband hates crowds so we'd love to go somewhere that all the other cruise passengers won't be at. Thanks for your suggestions!
One day on St Thomas- what to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 4 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 5 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 6 Which island?
- 7 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 8 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 9 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 10 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 11 St. Croix and sea grass
- 12 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 13 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 14 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 15 Bahamas Resort
- 16 Which country?
- 17 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 18 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 19 Antigua or St Martin
- 20 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 21 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 22 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 23 montego bay
- 24 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 25 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica