I'll be in St Thomas on a cruise ship in January with my husband & 2 kids, ages 3 & 4. We're looking for some ideas as to what to do as none of the cruise excursions really appeal to us. We'd love to do either a sailboat trip which would be appropriate with the kids or just go to a nice beach for the day. We've been to St JOhn several times on vacation so we are just considering taking the ferry over there for the day and maybe going to Hawksnest. I think that would be very doable on our own but I just want to make sure we'd have enough time for the taxis & ferries & all that. Do you know where can I find a ferry schedule on line? Are there any beaches on St Thomas that are just as nice so we could avoid the whole ferry thing with the kids. Facailities would be nice (esp food), but not mandatory. My husband hates crowds so we'd love to go somewhere that all the other cruise passengers won't be at. Thanks for your suggestions!
One day on St Thomas- what to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro