We are taking a two week cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary. On our "special" day we will be docked in Aruba. We have never been to this island and rather than take one of the excursions we were thinking of spending the day just the two of us. Not sure what to expect since we have not been there before. We would enjoy a walk on the beach, followed by a wonderful lunch with perhaps a cocktail or two. Maybe some shopping. Can anyone tell me if the port is close to Palm beach. Are taxis readily available? Would we be able to walk on the beach there or are the resorts private? Any ideas?? One last question...my husband is an ex diver and LOVES to snorkel. We will have plenty of opportunities to snorkel during the two weeks and I would rather skip snorkeling on this day BUT if this is an absolute MUST SNORKEL port I don't want him to miss out. Thanks for any help
One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice needed
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens