We are taking a two week cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary. On our "special" day we will be docked in Aruba. We have never been to this island and rather than take one of the excursions we were thinking of spending the day just the two of us. Not sure what to expect since we have not been there before. We would enjoy a walk on the beach, followed by a wonderful lunch with perhaps a cocktail or two. Maybe some shopping. Can anyone tell me if the port is close to Palm beach. Are taxis readily available? Would we be able to walk on the beach there or are the resorts private? Any ideas?? One last question...my husband is an ex diver and LOVES to snorkel. We will have plenty of opportunities to snorkel during the two weeks and I would rather skip snorkeling on this day BUT if this is an absolute MUST SNORKEL port I don't want him to miss out. Thanks for any help
One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 2 Villa in paradise
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES