We are taking a two week cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary. On our "special" day we will be docked in Aruba. We have never been to this island and rather than take one of the excursions we were thinking of spending the day just the two of us. Not sure what to expect since we have not been there before. We would enjoy a walk on the beach, followed by a wonderful lunch with perhaps a cocktail or two. Maybe some shopping. Can anyone tell me if the port is close to Palm beach. Are taxis readily available? Would we be able to walk on the beach there or are the resorts private? Any ideas?? One last question...my husband is an ex diver and LOVES to snorkel. We will have plenty of opportunities to snorkel during the two weeks and I would rather skip snorkeling on this day BUT if this is an absolute MUST SNORKEL port I don't want him to miss out. Thanks for any help
One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic