Topless is one thing on islands where it is accepted, but I had an argument with my friend in St. Barth's over nudity in front of the hotel chambermaids. She has no compunctions about having them or the waiters enter her room fully dressed or completely naked or in between, whether to serve breakfast, leave towels or whatever. Once lately I had to call for towels in a hotel room when none had been left and I only discovered this AFTER taking the shower, and was without a robe or anything and quite embarrassed. My friend says I am nuts, hotel staff has seen it all especially in the islands. Who is right, we have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot riding on this! Thanks!
Nudity in front of the hotel staff...right or wrong, I have bet with my friend...
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 3 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 6 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 9 Bahamas snorkeling
- 10 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 11 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 12 Wedding Help!
- 13 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 14 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 15 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 16 Islands with great nightlife
- 17 month stay on a caribbean island
- 18 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 19 Where to stay on Vieques
- 20 Ferry to Rum Point
- 21 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 22 Family with infants/toddlers
- 23 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 24 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Jamaica property buying and selling