Topless is one thing on islands where it is accepted, but I had an argument with my friend in St. Barth's over nudity in front of the hotel chambermaids. She has no compunctions about having them or the waiters enter her room fully dressed or completely naked or in between, whether to serve breakfast, leave towels or whatever. Once lately I had to call for towels in a hotel room when none had been left and I only discovered this AFTER taking the shower, and was without a robe or anything and quite embarrassed. My friend says I am nuts, hotel staff has seen it all especially in the islands. Who is right, we have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot riding on this! Thanks!
Nudity in front of the hotel staff...right or wrong, I have bet with my friend...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Overwhelmed
- 2 Which Caribbean island and when to go?
- 3 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 4 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 5 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 6 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 7 Jamaica help!
- 8 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 9 2 weeks in cuba
- 10 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 11 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 12 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 13 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 14 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 15 Jamaica
- 16 Jamaica all inclusive
- 17 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 18 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 19 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 20 Cuba Opening Up
- 21 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 22 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 23 Why Barbados?
- 24 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 25 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?