Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 3 Bahamas snorkeling
- 4 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 7 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 8 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 9 Wedding Help!
- 10 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 11 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 12 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 13 Islands with great nightlife
- 14 month stay on a caribbean island
- 15 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 16 Where to stay on Vieques
- 17 Ferry to Rum Point
- 18 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 19 Family with infants/toddlers
- 20 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 21 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 22 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 23 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 24 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 25 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.