Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 2 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 3 50+ where to dance?
- 4 Summer family vacation
- 5 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 6 dominican republic
- 7 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 8 St Martin
- 9 Florida or caribbean
- 10 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 11 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 12 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 13 Resort villa suggestions
- 14 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 15 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 16 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 17 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 18 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 19 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 20 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 21 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 24 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 25 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos