Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamica: AI or Not?
- 2 Jamaica vs The DR
- 3 Small resorts like Galley Bay in Caribbean
- 4 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 5 celebrating 40
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 Where to go in February/March
- 9 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 10 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 11 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 12 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 13 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 14 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 15 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 16 Which island?
- 17 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 21 St. Croix and sea grass
- 22 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 23 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 24 Bahamas Resort
- 25 Which country?