Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Island for Me?
- 2 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 3 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 4 Too many choices.....
- 5 walking to the lighthouse
- 6 Why Barbados?
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 9 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 10 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 11 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 12 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 13 Cuba with Gate 1
- 14 Anguilla stay?
- 15 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 16 Back from San Juan
- 17 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 18 San Juan Airport
- 19 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 20 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 21 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 22 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 23 Storm ?
- 24 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 25 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party