Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 2 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 3 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 4 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 5 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 6 Anguilla Beaches
- 7 Mid October Honeymoon
- 8 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 9 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 10 Cuba help!
- 11 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 12 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 13 Rent a car?
- 14 LIAT Air
- 15 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda
- 16 Caribbean Islands Cruise
- 17 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding
- 18 Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights
- 19 St. Lucia Trip Report – A Snapshot
- 20 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 21 50+ where to dance?
- 22 Honeymoon in August- St Lucia ruled out help us pick a destination!
- 23 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 24 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 25 Aruba...too Americanized?