Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Back from San Juan
- 2 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 3 Cupecoy Beach
- 4 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 5 Vacation Ideas
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?