Just returned from 1 week vacation on 12/30/10 from St John, USVI. Stayed at the Westin Hotel. Was eaten alive by noseums. Had at least 150 bites from the insect. Totally ruined my vacation. First time this has ever happened to me. I do not recommend the hotel - it has a manmade beach loaded with boats. Water mirky and not clean. Will never go back to that hotel. St John itself is a beautiful island but the noseeums were out in full force. Don't know if they are always there or just certain months. Also, there was a north swell on the island and unable to snorkle Trunk, Cinammon bay. Apparently it was good on the south side of island, but was too afraid to go on account of the noseeums. Could not withstand more bites. Basically was a prisoner. Got spray after the third day but it was too late. Was suffering with incredible itchiness. Could not wait to get home.
Noseeums on St. John, USVI
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 3 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 4 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 5 The best spots in St. Kitts
- 6 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 7 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 8 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 9 Barbados question where to stay
- 10 Barbados Ferry Service
- 11 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 12 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 13 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 14 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 15 Caribbean with grown kids
- 16 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 17 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 18 Driving in Aurba
- 19 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 20 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 21 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 22 Restaurant in Aruba
- 23 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 24 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 25 Providenciales Airport