My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 3 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 4 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 5 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 6 Cuba Help
- 7 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 8 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 9 Living in the Caribbean
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 12 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 13 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 14 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 15 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 16 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 17 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 18 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 19 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 20 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 21 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 22 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 23 St. Croix
- 24 St Kitts & Irma
- 25 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.