My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://fitnesseducations.com/vasoplexx/
- 2 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 3 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 4 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 7 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 8 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 9 New Destination
- 10 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 11 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 12 Bahamas help
- 13 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 14 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 15 Vacation suggestion, please
- 16 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 17 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 18 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 19 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 20 aruba planning advice
- 21 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 22 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 23 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 24 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 25 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay