My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 2 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 3 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 4 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 5 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 6 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 7 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 8 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 9 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 10 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 11 Cuba in November
- 12 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 13 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 14 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 15 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 16 Tennis in Aruba question
- 17 christmas in the caribbean
- 18 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 19 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 20 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 21 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 22 Jamaica
- 23 Money in Jamaica
- 24 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 25 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity