My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 My New Life !
- 2 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 3 Travel buddy
- 4 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 5 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 6 Cuba
- 7 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Help me to pick an island
- 12 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 13 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 14 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 15 When to go to El Yunque
- 16 Honeymoon Advice
- 17 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 18 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 19 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 20 Conference in Cuba in February
- 21 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 22 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 23 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 24 Small boat excursion
- 25 Overwhelmed....