My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Nisbet Plantation, Nevis: Swimming in October?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Ideas
- 2 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?