My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Florida or caribbean
- 2 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 3 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 4 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 5 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 6 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 7 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 8 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 9 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 12 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 13 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 14 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 15 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 16 rent a car??
- 17 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa
- 18 Turks and Caicos Accommodations Question - West Bay Club
- 19 Trip to Grenada vs Anguilla vs Nevis
- 20 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 21 Cuba Opening Up
- 22 Honeymoon St. Lucia confused?
- 23 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 24 Scrub Island recommendations?
- 25 Wear can I tan that is Clothing Optional?