My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation recommendations
- 2 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 3 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 Curaçao and girls?
- 6 Small Carribean Hotel
- 7 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 8 Punta Cana Excursions
- 9 customs questions
- 10 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 11 Nassau Bahamas
- 12 Biking in Caribbean
- 13 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 14 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 15 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 16 Help with how long on each island.
- 17 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 18 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 19 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 20 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 21 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 22 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 23 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 24 Hiking in St. John
- 25 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!