My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Canadian money exchange ??
- 2 Help choosing an island
- 3 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 4 Safe, family friendly Island
- 5 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 6 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 7 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 8 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 9 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 10 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 11 Family trip to Jamaica
- 12 Vieques Island
- 13 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 14 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 15 Best island for food and beaches
- 16 Cuba tour companies
- 17 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 18 Resort rent out for wedding
- 19 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 20 St. Croix
- 21 Hotel on Turks
- 22 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 25 December celebration trip