My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토총판 모집 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 4 Which Caribbean island?
- 5 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 6 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 7 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 8 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 9 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 10 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right