My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Creative@: AVIRA Tec*h SUPPO0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AVIRA 24*7
- 2 US: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 3 US: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 4 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 5 St. Vincent - Boat hire or day tour?
- 6 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 7 Havana
- 8 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 9 Barbados-how about this place?
- 10 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 11 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 12 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 13 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 14 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 15 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 16 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 17 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 18 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 19 Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 21 Family vacation
- 22 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 23 PR or USVI
- 24 Havana Hotel
- 25 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August