My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 aruba fun!!!
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 5 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 6 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 7 Turks and caicos
- 8 St.Lucia newbie
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 11 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 12 Turks and caicos
- 13 Cruise stop activities
- 14 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 15 Jade Mountain
- 16 Honeymoon Help!!
- 17 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 18 Bermuda
- 19 Restaurant Suggestions
- 20 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 21 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 22 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 23 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 24 Taxi info. Self touring
- 25 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away