My husband and I are traveling to Nevis for two weeks in October (lucky dogs!). On the advice of a couple of Fodorites, and a poster named Viceroy on myeyez.net, we have booked Yellow Bird villa, located just above Oalie Beach. Sunnyboy, if you read this, do you have a comment on this villa?
We would like to rent a car for two weeks. My AAA membership shows Hertz available for $228/week plux 5% tax. Not bad, except that is for a Daihatsu Charade, a tiny sedan - we would really prefer a Suzuki type jeep with removable cover. I called Hertz 800 number to see if they offer this vehicle, and they were NOT helpful (couldn't even find the location). Anyone know if Hertz has these vehicles? Also, are there any other fees besides the low 5% tax?
Is $228/week a good price on Nevis? How about for a 4WD vehicle?
Also, anyone have a favorite guidebook for Nevis? We'd like to explore the beaches and the hikes - is a guide a must, or can we wing it on our own with the hiking?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 2 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 3 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 4 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 5 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 6 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 7 Turks & Caicos
- 8 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 9 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 10 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 11 Long Island Bahanas
- 12 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 13 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 14 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 15 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 16 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 17 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 18 Punta Cana excursions
- 19 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 20 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 21 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 22 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 23 Aruba suggestions
- 24 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 25 Nassau