We travel to Cuba using the Hola Sun agency which I believe is the 'official' cuban agency. The plane (Cubana air) which was suppose to take us to Varadero decided when we reached the airport that they are not flying that day due to insufficient passager. We were told to return the next day. The next day, instead of taking us to the Varadero airport, the plane took us to another town. So instead of a 15 minutes bus ride from the Varadero airport, we had to endure a 4 hour bus ride to Varadero. When we reached the hotel, they had no notification that we were arriving and had not prepare a room for us and so on and so forth.......so, if you decided to use Hola Sun. Use it at your own risk.
Never never travel to Cuba using the Hola Sun agency
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 2 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 3 Vacation Ideas
- 4 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Cupecoy Beach
- 7 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 8 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 9 Carry on size Bahamas
- 10 St John March, where to stay
- 11 The right adults-only resort
- 12 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 13 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 14 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 15 Tips for bahamas
- 16 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 17 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 19 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 20 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 21 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 22 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 23 walkable hotels
- 24 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 25 St Thomas