My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Puerto Rico in August for 8 days and nights. Our plan is to rent a home, rent a car, and pretty much tour all over the island. We'll want a few days of lounging on a beach and we'll probably take a ride over to Vieques or Culebra. Of course we'll visit old San Juan, do a little salsa dancing, eating, drinking, etc. If I had it my way, I'd spend the whole trip on a catamaran yacht, but I might have to save that for our trip to Thailand next year because its out of our budget in the Caribbean. So my question is where should we look for a vacation rental? We're not much into the whole high rise hotel/condo/casino situation so we're unsure of where we should try to rent a home. Beachfront is very important, not a 2 block walk to the sand through the landscaped grounds of a resort condo. I see there are some in the Rincon area, but there also seems to be a bit more surf there, and I really prefer calmer waters. We don't mind a sleepy little town as long as there is a nearby market, and fishermen bringing in their daily catch. I guess we're looking for a peaceful paradise on the beach, that isn't too far of a drive from some nightlife. Any help?
Need Puerto Rico location advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 2 Anguilla stay?
- 3 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 4 Punta Cana excursions
- 5 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 6 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 7 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 8 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 9 Cayman Islands in October
- 10 Back from San Juan
- 11 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 12 Kristen- where are you?????
- 13 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 14 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 15 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 16 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 17 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 18 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 19 Puerto Rico
- 20 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 21 Cuba People to People Tours
- 22 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 relaxed beaches in january
- 25 Are you the new future traveler?