My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Puerto Rico in August for 8 days and nights. Our plan is to rent a home, rent a car, and pretty much tour all over the island. We'll want a few days of lounging on a beach and we'll probably take a ride over to Vieques or Culebra. Of course we'll visit old San Juan, do a little salsa dancing, eating, drinking, etc. If I had it my way, I'd spend the whole trip on a catamaran yacht, but I might have to save that for our trip to Thailand next year because its out of our budget in the Caribbean. So my question is where should we look for a vacation rental? We're not much into the whole high rise hotel/condo/casino situation so we're unsure of where we should try to rent a home. Beachfront is very important, not a 2 block walk to the sand through the landscaped grounds of a resort condo. I see there are some in the Rincon area, but there also seems to be a bit more surf there, and I really prefer calmer waters. We don't mind a sleepy little town as long as there is a nearby market, and fishermen bringing in their daily catch. I guess we're looking for a peaceful paradise on the beach, that isn't too far of a drive from some nightlife. Any help?
Need Puerto Rico location advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 2 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 3 shore excursions
- 4 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 5 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 6 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 7 Curacao vs Barbados
- 8 Honeymoon Destination
- 9 Bahamas girls trip
- 10 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 11 Safe for Family
- 12 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 13 Restaurants in Aruba
- 14 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 15 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 16 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 17 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 18 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 19 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 22 fish fry on Curacao
- 23 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 24 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 25 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas