My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Puerto Rico in August for 8 days and nights. Our plan is to rent a home, rent a car, and pretty much tour all over the island. We'll want a few days of lounging on a beach and we'll probably take a ride over to Vieques or Culebra. Of course we'll visit old San Juan, do a little salsa dancing, eating, drinking, etc. If I had it my way, I'd spend the whole trip on a catamaran yacht, but I might have to save that for our trip to Thailand next year because its out of our budget in the Caribbean. So my question is where should we look for a vacation rental? We're not much into the whole high rise hotel/condo/casino situation so we're unsure of where we should try to rent a home. Beachfront is very important, not a 2 block walk to the sand through the landscaped grounds of a resort condo. I see there are some in the Rincon area, but there also seems to be a bit more surf there, and I really prefer calmer waters. We don't mind a sleepy little town as long as there is a nearby market, and fishermen bringing in their daily catch. I guess we're looking for a peaceful paradise on the beach, that isn't too far of a drive from some nightlife. Any help?
Need Puerto Rico location advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic