My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Puerto Rico in August for 8 days and nights. Our plan is to rent a home, rent a car, and pretty much tour all over the island. We'll want a few days of lounging on a beach and we'll probably take a ride over to Vieques or Culebra. Of course we'll visit old San Juan, do a little salsa dancing, eating, drinking, etc. If I had it my way, I'd spend the whole trip on a catamaran yacht, but I might have to save that for our trip to Thailand next year because its out of our budget in the Caribbean. So my question is where should we look for a vacation rental? We're not much into the whole high rise hotel/condo/casino situation so we're unsure of where we should try to rent a home. Beachfront is very important, not a 2 block walk to the sand through the landscaped grounds of a resort condo. I see there are some in the Rincon area, but there also seems to be a bit more surf there, and I really prefer calmer waters. We don't mind a sleepy little town as long as there is a nearby market, and fishermen bringing in their daily catch. I guess we're looking for a peaceful paradise on the beach, that isn't too far of a drive from some nightlife. Any help?
Need Puerto Rico location advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 4 Antigua or St Martin
- 5 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 6 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 7 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 8 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 9 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 10 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 11 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 12 St. Croix and sea grass
- 13 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 14 montego bay
- 15 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 16 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 17 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 18 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 19 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 20 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 21 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 22 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 23 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 24 Get info about weather.
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous