My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Puerto Rico in August for 8 days and nights. Our plan is to rent a home, rent a car, and pretty much tour all over the island. We'll want a few days of lounging on a beach and we'll probably take a ride over to Vieques or Culebra. Of course we'll visit old San Juan, do a little salsa dancing, eating, drinking, etc. If I had it my way, I'd spend the whole trip on a catamaran yacht, but I might have to save that for our trip to Thailand next year because its out of our budget in the Caribbean. So my question is where should we look for a vacation rental? We're not much into the whole high rise hotel/condo/casino situation so we're unsure of where we should try to rent a home. Beachfront is very important, not a 2 block walk to the sand through the landscaped grounds of a resort condo. I see there are some in the Rincon area, but there also seems to be a bit more surf there, and I really prefer calmer waters. We don't mind a sleepy little town as long as there is a nearby market, and fishermen bringing in their daily catch. I guess we're looking for a peaceful paradise on the beach, that isn't too far of a drive from some nightlife. Any help?
Need Puerto Rico location advice
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 multiple family beach vacation
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Short trip to St. Martin/Day trip to Anguilla
- 4 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 7 Caribbean with grown kids
- 8 Cuba by car
- 9 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 10 Need a new vacation spot!
- 11 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 12 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 13 Mid October Honeymoon
- 14 Summer family vacation
- 15 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 16 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 17 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 18 Honeymoon destination?
- 19 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 20 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 21 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 22 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 23 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 24 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 25 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?