It looks like we have decided on our destination to go this June and indeed it is Grand Cayman. We have been exploring villas vs. condos/resort and having my mother (71 years old) my 6 year old, my 2 year old, and a 4 month old baby come along in this trip we thought that an 'isolated' villa may not be the best choice. So we started looking in to resorts/condos. We wanted to have a 'similar' experience to the one we had a couple of years ago at Turks and Caicos where we stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay. We loved it there, especially the crystal clear (and calm) waters. We wanted a little bit of a different island this time and virginia (and other fodorites) suggested that Grand Cayman may be the better choice in at least providing similar experience. So, we are looking at Lacovia, but I had not found any written reports on this resort. If anyone has spent time there, please let me know how it is, if possible, how it compares to the Sands (at TCI), and whether it is close to at least 3-4 restaurants within walking distance; what quality are the restaurants, and whether a super market would aptly provide 'goodies' for cooking at the resort. Also, how kid 'friendly' is this resort, whether the staff is helpfull/friendly, etc. In addition, I would like to know, how far it is from the main airport, and any attractions. Do we need to make a car rental reservation early or would we be able to find (probably a minivan) a car at the airport. I am sure there are more questions I should be asking, but if anyone has additional info, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 2 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 3 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 4 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 5 New Destination
- 6 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 Bahamas help
- 9 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 10 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 11 Vacation suggestion, please
- 12 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 13 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 14 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 15 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 16 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 17 aruba planning advice
- 18 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 19 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 20 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 21 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 22 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 23 Barbados Beaches
- 24 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 25 Peterson
Need input from anyone who stayed recently at Lacovia Condos