It looks like we have decided on our destination to go this June and indeed it is Grand Cayman. We have been exploring villas vs. condos/resort and having my mother (71 years old) my 6 year old, my 2 year old, and a 4 month old baby come along in this trip we thought that an 'isolated' villa may not be the best choice. So we started looking in to resorts/condos. We wanted to have a 'similar' experience to the one we had a couple of years ago at Turks and Caicos where we stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay. We loved it there, especially the crystal clear (and calm) waters. We wanted a little bit of a different island this time and virginia (and other fodorites) suggested that Grand Cayman may be the better choice in at least providing similar experience. So, we are looking at Lacovia, but I had not found any written reports on this resort. If anyone has spent time there, please let me know how it is, if possible, how it compares to the Sands (at TCI), and whether it is close to at least 3-4 restaurants within walking distance; what quality are the restaurants, and whether a super market would aptly provide 'goodies' for cooking at the resort. Also, how kid 'friendly' is this resort, whether the staff is helpfull/friendly, etc. In addition, I would like to know, how far it is from the main airport, and any attractions. Do we need to make a car rental reservation early or would we be able to find (probably a minivan) a car at the airport. I am sure there are more questions I should be asking, but if anyone has additional info, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
Need input from anyone who stayed recently at Lacovia Condos