It looks like we have decided on our destination to go this June and indeed it is Grand Cayman. We have been exploring villas vs. condos/resort and having my mother (71 years old) my 6 year old, my 2 year old, and a 4 month old baby come along in this trip we thought that an 'isolated' villa may not be the best choice. So we started looking in to resorts/condos. We wanted to have a 'similar' experience to the one we had a couple of years ago at Turks and Caicos where we stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay. We loved it there, especially the crystal clear (and calm) waters. We wanted a little bit of a different island this time and virginia (and other fodorites) suggested that Grand Cayman may be the better choice in at least providing similar experience. So, we are looking at Lacovia, but I had not found any written reports on this resort. If anyone has spent time there, please let me know how it is, if possible, how it compares to the Sands (at TCI), and whether it is close to at least 3-4 restaurants within walking distance; what quality are the restaurants, and whether a super market would aptly provide 'goodies' for cooking at the resort. Also, how kid 'friendly' is this resort, whether the staff is helpfull/friendly, etc. In addition, I would like to know, how far it is from the main airport, and any attractions. Do we need to make a car rental reservation early or would we be able to find (probably a minivan) a car at the airport. I am sure there are more questions I should be asking, but if anyone has additional info, please let me know.
Need input from anyone who stayed recently at Lacovia Condos
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 2 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 3 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 4 Cuba in 10 days
- 5 Salt Kettle House to close
- 6 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 7 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 8 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 9 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 10 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 11 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 12 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 13 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 14 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 15 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Cayman Islands in October
- 18 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 22 all-inclusive or villa?
- 23 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 24 San Juan Hotel
- 25 Help me narrow it down, please!