It looks like we have decided on our destination to go this June and indeed it is Grand Cayman. We have been exploring villas vs. condos/resort and having my mother (71 years old) my 6 year old, my 2 year old, and a 4 month old baby come along in this trip we thought that an 'isolated' villa may not be the best choice. So we started looking in to resorts/condos. We wanted to have a 'similar' experience to the one we had a couple of years ago at Turks and Caicos where we stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay. We loved it there, especially the crystal clear (and calm) waters. We wanted a little bit of a different island this time and virginia (and other fodorites) suggested that Grand Cayman may be the better choice in at least providing similar experience. So, we are looking at Lacovia, but I had not found any written reports on this resort. If anyone has spent time there, please let me know how it is, if possible, how it compares to the Sands (at TCI), and whether it is close to at least 3-4 restaurants within walking distance; what quality are the restaurants, and whether a super market would aptly provide 'goodies' for cooking at the resort. Also, how kid 'friendly' is this resort, whether the staff is helpfull/friendly, etc. In addition, I would like to know, how far it is from the main airport, and any attractions. Do we need to make a car rental reservation early or would we be able to find (probably a minivan) a car at the airport. I am sure there are more questions I should be asking, but if anyone has additional info, please let me know.
Need input from anyone who stayed recently at Lacovia Condos
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?