I've been reading some posts here but would appreciate some helps in narrowing down choices. Family of 4 (2 teen girls, 14 & 17), looking for a short relaxing vacation (5-7 days) this summer (end of July). Girls have been busy year-round so we thought maybe we can have a relaxing vacation and are leaning toward an AI somewhere in the Caribbeans (I heard Jamaica or DR are the most affordable?) or Cabos. Not to crazy about Mexico with all the issues there. Our budget is limited. I searched cheapcaribbean.com and found some packages around $1200 for that time frame in Jamaica. What can we expect in this price range? We are not picky. Girls will survive with pizzas and pasta. We've been on one of those carnival cruise lines and while they liked it, we prefer something more refined (not 5 stars).So something of a compromise will do.
As far as activities, mostly will be chilling by the pool and beach. But activities like kayak or parasailing would be fun. No night life is expected even some family entertainment at night would not be bad.
Which location and resorts will fit our criteria. I don't mind doing more research, but some help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Need help with All-Inclusive - 1st time
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in May - which island
- 2 which island??
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Help in Antigua!!!!!
- 5 A Volcanic Paradise
- 6 Best island for family of 5 (kids-21,18,16) end of June/early July?
- 7 Best island for a villa rental
- 8 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 9 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 10 Where to stay on Vieques
- 11 BUSINESSES FOR SALE
- 12 St. Croix and sea grass
- 13 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 16 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 17 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 18 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 19 Tipping at AI
- 20 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 21 Traveling Solo
- 22 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 23 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 24 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 25 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions