I've been reading some posts here but would appreciate some helps in narrowing down choices. Family of 4 (2 teen girls, 14 & 17), looking for a short relaxing vacation (5-7 days) this summer (end of July). Girls have been busy year-round so we thought maybe we can have a relaxing vacation and are leaning toward an AI somewhere in the Caribbeans (I heard Jamaica or DR are the most affordable?) or Cabos. Not to crazy about Mexico with all the issues there. Our budget is limited. I searched cheapcaribbean.com and found some packages around $1200 for that time frame in Jamaica. What can we expect in this price range? We are not picky. Girls will survive with pizzas and pasta. We've been on one of those carnival cruise lines and while they liked it, we prefer something more refined (not 5 stars).So something of a compromise will do.
As far as activities, mostly will be chilling by the pool and beach. But activities like kayak or parasailing would be fun. No night life is expected even some family entertainment at night would not be bad.
Which location and resorts will fit our criteria. I don't mind doing more research, but some help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Need help with All-Inclusive - 1st time
- 1 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 7 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 10 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay