I've been reading some posts here but would appreciate some helps in narrowing down choices. Family of 4 (2 teen girls, 14 & 17), looking for a short relaxing vacation (5-7 days) this summer (end of July). Girls have been busy year-round so we thought maybe we can have a relaxing vacation and are leaning toward an AI somewhere in the Caribbeans (I heard Jamaica or DR are the most affordable?) or Cabos. Not to crazy about Mexico with all the issues there. Our budget is limited. I searched cheapcaribbean.com and found some packages around $1200 for that time frame in Jamaica. What can we expect in this price range? We are not picky. Girls will survive with pizzas and pasta. We've been on one of those carnival cruise lines and while they liked it, we prefer something more refined (not 5 stars).So something of a compromise will do.
As far as activities, mostly will be chilling by the pool and beach. But activities like kayak or parasailing would be fun. No night life is expected even some family entertainment at night would not be bad.
Which location and resorts will fit our criteria. I don't mind doing more research, but some help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/t-volve-testosterone-booster/
- 2 which island?
- 3 40th birthday with friends
- 4 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 5 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 6 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 7 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 8 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 9 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 10 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 11 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 12 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 13 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 14 Cuba in November
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 17 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 18 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 19 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 20 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 22 Tennis in Aruba question
- 23 christmas in the caribbean
- 24 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 25 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba