I've been reading some posts here but would appreciate some helps in narrowing down choices. Family of 4 (2 teen girls, 14 & 17), looking for a short relaxing vacation (5-7 days) this summer (end of July). Girls have been busy year-round so we thought maybe we can have a relaxing vacation and are leaning toward an AI somewhere in the Caribbeans (I heard Jamaica or DR are the most affordable?) or Cabos. Not to crazy about Mexico with all the issues there. Our budget is limited. I searched cheapcaribbean.com and found some packages around $1200 for that time frame in Jamaica. What can we expect in this price range? We are not picky. Girls will survive with pizzas and pasta. We've been on one of those carnival cruise lines and while they liked it, we prefer something more refined (not 5 stars).So something of a compromise will do.
As far as activities, mostly will be chilling by the pool and beach. But activities like kayak or parasailing would be fun. No night life is expected even some family entertainment at night would not be bad.
Which location and resorts will fit our criteria. I don't mind doing more research, but some help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Swimming Pigs
- 2 Month travel ideas
- 3 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 7 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 8 aruba planning advice
- 9 Move to grand cayman
- 10 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 11 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 12 Malaria Punta Cana
- 13 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 14 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 15 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 16 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 17 New Destination
- 18 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 19 Bahamas help
- 20 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 21 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 22 Vacation suggestion, please
- 23 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!