Trying to plan a vacation (1 week probably) for my husband & I in the late March-early May timeframe. We love St. John USVI, where we usually rent a villa w/ friends or family, but have been there & Virgin Gorda most recently so want to try something new. We're early 40's, pretty active but mostly looking for some place beautiful where we can relax on a nice beach, do some snorkeling, maybe take a day trip by boat and eat some good food. Don't need wild nightlife, aren't big hikers, shopping is not a priority. Not big fans of the all inclusive style places. Would like something that has a direct flight from NYC area (although not opposed to a ferry ride once we land) and isn't too complicated/costly to get to. We don't have an unlimited budget but we're not the kind of people to stay at a campground to save a few bucks. We like to be comfortable, I guess you could say. Suggestions from friends have included: Antigua, Barbados and Exuma, Bahamas. I know Jet Blue flies direct to St. Maarten, so would consider that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Need help on spring Caribbean vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 7 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 8 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 9 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 10 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 11 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 12 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 13 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 14 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 19 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 20 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 21 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 22 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 23 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 24 Which island?
- 25 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens