Trying to plan a vacation (1 week probably) for my husband & I in the late March-early May timeframe. We love St. John USVI, where we usually rent a villa w/ friends or family, but have been there & Virgin Gorda most recently so want to try something new. We're early 40's, pretty active but mostly looking for some place beautiful where we can relax on a nice beach, do some snorkeling, maybe take a day trip by boat and eat some good food. Don't need wild nightlife, aren't big hikers, shopping is not a priority. Not big fans of the all inclusive style places. Would like something that has a direct flight from NYC area (although not opposed to a ferry ride once we land) and isn't too complicated/costly to get to. We don't have an unlimited budget but we're not the kind of people to stay at a campground to save a few bucks. We like to be comfortable, I guess you could say. Suggestions from friends have included: Antigua, Barbados and Exuma, Bahamas. I know Jet Blue flies direct to St. Maarten, so would consider that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Need help on spring Caribbean vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 4 Antigua or St Martin
- 5 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 6 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 7 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 8 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 9 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 10 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 11 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 12 St. Croix and sea grass
- 13 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 14 montego bay
- 15 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 16 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 17 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 18 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 19 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 20 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 21 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 22 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 23 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 24 Get info about weather.
- 25 St. Thomas is dangerous