Trying to plan a vacation (1 week probably) for my husband & I in the late March-early May timeframe. We love St. John USVI, where we usually rent a villa w/ friends or family, but have been there & Virgin Gorda most recently so want to try something new. We're early 40's, pretty active but mostly looking for some place beautiful where we can relax on a nice beach, do some snorkeling, maybe take a day trip by boat and eat some good food. Don't need wild nightlife, aren't big hikers, shopping is not a priority. Not big fans of the all inclusive style places. Would like something that has a direct flight from NYC area (although not opposed to a ferry ride once we land) and isn't too complicated/costly to get to. We don't have an unlimited budget but we're not the kind of people to stay at a campground to save a few bucks. We like to be comfortable, I guess you could say. Suggestions from friends have included: Antigua, Barbados and Exuma, Bahamas. I know Jet Blue flies direct to St. Maarten, so would consider that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Need help on spring Caribbean vacation
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Islands with great nightlife
- 4 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 5 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 6 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 7 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 8 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 9 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 10 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 11 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 12 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 13 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 14 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 15 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 16 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 17 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 18 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 19 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 20 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 21 Beaches Turks question
- 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 23 Curacao - where to stay
- 24 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 25 May Honeymoon