Trying to plan a vacation (1 week probably) for my husband & I in the late March-early May timeframe. We love St. John USVI, where we usually rent a villa w/ friends or family, but have been there & Virgin Gorda most recently so want to try something new. We're early 40's, pretty active but mostly looking for some place beautiful where we can relax on a nice beach, do some snorkeling, maybe take a day trip by boat and eat some good food. Don't need wild nightlife, aren't big hikers, shopping is not a priority. Not big fans of the all inclusive style places. Would like something that has a direct flight from NYC area (although not opposed to a ferry ride once we land) and isn't too complicated/costly to get to. We don't have an unlimited budget but we're not the kind of people to stay at a campground to save a few bucks. We like to be comfortable, I guess you could say. Suggestions from friends have included: Antigua, Barbados and Exuma, Bahamas. I know Jet Blue flies direct to St. Maarten, so would consider that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Need help on spring Caribbean vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carry on size Bahamas
- 2 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 3 Vacation Ideas
- 4 St John March, where to stay
- 5 The right adults-only resort
- 6 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 7 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 8 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 9 Cupecoy Beach
- 10 Tips for bahamas
- 11 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 12 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 13 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 14 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 15 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 16 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 17 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 18 walkable hotels
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Back from San Juan
- 21 St Thomas
- 22 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 23 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 24 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 25 Aruba Restaurants