We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Early 20's Couple
- 2 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Boat Charter in BVI
- 4 Weather in June?
- 5 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 6 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 7 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 8 Anniversary Trip Options
- 9 Couple in early 20's
- 10 Island with golf
- 11 2 Days in Dominica
- 12 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 13 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 14 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 17 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 18 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 19 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 20 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 21 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 22 Choosing an island
- 23 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 24 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 25 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?