We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Need help from anyone who's been to Grenada, please!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Mid October Honeymoon
- 2 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 3 Anguilla Beaches
- 4 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 5 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 6 Cuba help!
- 7 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 8 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 9 Rent a car?
- 10 LIAT Air
- 11 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda
- 12 Caribbean Islands Cruise
- 13 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding
- 14 Any good cruises from Port Canaveral
- 15 Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights
- 16 St. Lucia Trip Report – A Snapshot
- 17 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 18 50+ where to dance?
- 19 Honeymoon in August- St Lucia ruled out help us pick a destination!
- 20 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 21 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 22 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 23 Thinking about moving to US Virgin Islands
- 24 Chinungunya Mosquitos
- 25 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice