We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Q/WeChat2727586870密歇根州立大学MSU文凭毕业证成绩单学历认证Michigan State University
- 2 Nassau temp late Jan
- 3 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 4 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 5 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 6 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 7 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 8 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 9 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 10 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 11 West Coast US and Carribean
- 12 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 15 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 16 Transportation to Exuma
- 17 St. John USVI
- 18 Caribbean Honeymoon in Dec - Where to Go?
- 19 Tour advice
- 20 Help with where to staty- last minute Sept trip Eluethera
- 21 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 22 Cuba itinerary
- 23 Chicago to Caribbean with toddler
- 24 Puerto Plata-hotel recommendations and things to do
- 25 Puerto Plata/Playa Dorado/things to do/security/travelling about??