We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Need help from anyone who's been to Grenada, please!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sports Bars In Palm Beach Aruba
- 2 Puerto Rico - St. Regis or Royal Isabela
- 3 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 4 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 5 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 6 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 7 The best spots in St. Kitts
- 8 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 9 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 10 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 11 Barbados question where to stay
- 12 Barbados Ferry Service
- 13 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 14 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 15 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 16 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 17 Caribbean with grown kids
- 18 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 19 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 20 Driving in Aurba
- 21 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 22 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 23 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 24 Restaurant in Aruba
- 25 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?