We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Need help from anyone who's been to Grenada, please!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The right adults-only resort
- 2 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 3 St John March, where to stay
- 4 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 5 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 6 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 7 Cupecoy Beach
- 8 Tips for bahamas
- 9 Vacation Ideas
- 10 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 11 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 12 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 13 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 14 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 15 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 16 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 17 walkable hotels
- 18 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 19 Back from San Juan
- 20 St Thomas
- 21 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 22 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 23 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 24 Aruba Restaurants
- 25 Aruba Restaraunts