We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 2 Vieques Island
- 3 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 4 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 5 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 6 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 7 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 8 Best island for food and beaches
- 9 Canadian money exchange ??
- 10 Cuba tour companies
- 11 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 12 Resort rent out for wedding
- 13 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 Family trip to Jamaica
- 16 Safe, family friendly Island
- 17 Help choosing an island
- 18 Hotel on Turks
- 19 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 22 December celebration trip
- 23 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 24 St. Bart's, French St. Martin or Turks & Caicos for family?
- 25 San Juan