We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First trip to St. Martin
- 2 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Hotel ideas needed
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 Jerk Chicken
- 8 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 9 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities