We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean, and are considering grenada, as it seems to have a good combination of beaches, rainforests, and genuine atmosphere. We will be travelling in December 2012 and will be going with two adults a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania and are trying to get away from the cold for Christmas but we do have a limited budget. We would love some advice!
I have a few questions:
1. About how much would a december flight (for 2012) cost from Newark/NYC and about how long would it take?
2. How safe is Grenada? can you walk around safely in the forests without a guide?
3. Which beach of Grenada has the most clear, turquoise water? This will be our first caribbean trip and we don't want to come all that way only to find water that is not all that different from the water in the North Atlantic (Jersey shore, etc.)
4. How often do cruise ships visit Grenada in december? Do the beaches ever become overrun with cruise ship passengers?
We would also love any additional advice on Grenada and/or other similar islands.
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Do you need a rental in Jamaica?
- 2 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 3 Need more folks for Atlantis boat charter
- 4 Large Family Trip to Caribbean
- 5 Groupon Tours
- 6 Can you bring your own food to Aruba?
- 7 Grandmother/Granddaughter Beach Vacation
- 8 Location
- 9 Atlantis in Bahamas
- 10 The Pigs of No Name Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- 11 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 12 turks caicos
- 13 Restaurants Turks and Caicos
- 14 Private tours in Cuba
- 15 Planning trip to st Lucia
- 16 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 17 Curacao
- 18 Bahamas girls trip
- 19 8-10 days vacation in Caribbean, we would love to hear thoughts!
- 20 Cuba Tour Companies
- 21 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 22 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 23 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 24 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 25 St Croix for mom and teen daughter??