I just arrived back to the States from a week in Martinique. I traveled with my wife and two children ages 5 and 8. We stayed at the Hotel Bakoua-Sofitel. The rooms were nice and the grounds were beautiful. Most of the people at the hotel were unfriendly and unhelpful. The front desk was unbelievable in their lack of courtesy. Granted no one in my family spoke French, we went to the island with intentions of doing our best, but after several attempts with the people at the hotel I lost interest in dealing with them. We rented a car and went to the northern end of the island to visit Mt. Pele and found the people warmer and friendlier. On the dock of at Pointe du Bout there are several scuba diving boats and I choose one at random and found the people very friendly and helpful. Scuba diving was a great experience. My family also spend a day on the catamarin, "Micaline", you can make reservations at the Hotel Meriden and this was also a great time.
My Critique of Martinique
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 3 Back from San Juan
- 4 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 5 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 6 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 7 San Juan Airport
- 8 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 9 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 10 Why Barbados?
- 11 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 12 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 13 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 14 Storm ?
- 15 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 16 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 17 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 18 Kristen- where are you?????
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 23 Anguilla stay?
- 24 Punta Cana excursions
- 25 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable