I just arrived back to the States from a week in Martinique. I traveled with my wife and two children ages 5 and 8. We stayed at the Hotel Bakoua-Sofitel. The rooms were nice and the grounds were beautiful. Most of the people at the hotel were unfriendly and unhelpful. The front desk was unbelievable in their lack of courtesy. Granted no one in my family spoke French, we went to the island with intentions of doing our best, but after several attempts with the people at the hotel I lost interest in dealing with them. We rented a car and went to the northern end of the island to visit Mt. Pele and found the people warmer and friendlier. On the dock of at Pointe du Bout there are several scuba diving boats and I choose one at random and found the people very friendly and helpful. Scuba diving was a great experience. My family also spend a day on the catamarin, "Micaline", you can make reservations at the Hotel Meriden and this was also a great time.
My Critique of Martinique
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 2 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 3 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan