I just arrived back to the States from a week in Martinique. I traveled with my wife and two children ages 5 and 8. We stayed at the Hotel Bakoua-Sofitel. The rooms were nice and the grounds were beautiful. Most of the people at the hotel were unfriendly and unhelpful. The front desk was unbelievable in their lack of courtesy. Granted no one in my family spoke French, we went to the island with intentions of doing our best, but after several attempts with the people at the hotel I lost interest in dealing with them. We rented a car and went to the northern end of the island to visit Mt. Pele and found the people warmer and friendlier. On the dock of at Pointe du Bout there are several scuba diving boats and I choose one at random and found the people very friendly and helpful. Scuba diving was a great experience. My family also spend a day on the catamarin, "Micaline", you can make reservations at the Hotel Meriden and this was also a great time.
My Critique of Martinique
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay on Vieques
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 4 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 7 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 8 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 9 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 10 Bahamas snorkeling
- 11 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 12 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 13 Wedding Help!
- 14 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 15 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Islands with great nightlife
- 18 month stay on a caribbean island
- 19 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 20 Ferry to Rum Point
- 21 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 22 Family with infants/toddlers
- 23 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 24 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Jamaica property buying and selling