I just arrived back to the States from a week in Martinique. I traveled with my wife and two children ages 5 and 8. We stayed at the Hotel Bakoua-Sofitel. The rooms were nice and the grounds were beautiful. Most of the people at the hotel were unfriendly and unhelpful. The front desk was unbelievable in their lack of courtesy. Granted no one in my family spoke French, we went to the island with intentions of doing our best, but after several attempts with the people at the hotel I lost interest in dealing with them. We rented a car and went to the northern end of the island to visit Mt. Pele and found the people warmer and friendlier. On the dock of at Pointe du Bout there are several scuba diving boats and I choose one at random and found the people very friendly and helpful. Scuba diving was a great experience. My family also spend a day on the catamarin, "Micaline", you can make reservations at the Hotel Meriden and this was also a great time.
My Critique of Martinique
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?