I just arrived back to the States from a week in Martinique. I traveled with my wife and two children ages 5 and 8. We stayed at the Hotel Bakoua-Sofitel. The rooms were nice and the grounds were beautiful. Most of the people at the hotel were unfriendly and unhelpful. The front desk was unbelievable in their lack of courtesy. Granted no one in my family spoke French, we went to the island with intentions of doing our best, but after several attempts with the people at the hotel I lost interest in dealing with them. We rented a car and went to the northern end of the island to visit Mt. Pele and found the people warmer and friendlier. On the dock of at Pointe du Bout there are several scuba diving boats and I choose one at random and found the people very friendly and helpful. Scuba diving was a great experience. My family also spend a day on the catamarin, "Micaline", you can make reservations at the Hotel Meriden and this was also a great time.
My Critique of Martinique
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 2 things to do in Nassau
- 3 Which Island?
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 6 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 7 St. John USVI
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 10 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 11 Best island for early to mid November
- 12 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 16 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 17 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 18 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 21 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 22 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 23 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 24 Cuba in 10 days
- 25 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???